Pearl Jam

Nov 27, 2005
So yeah, they are my favorite band sharing the no. 1 spot with opeth and sigur rós.
I just wanted to know wha tyou guys think about them... i love them... i think eddie vedder writes the best lyrics of our generation. :dopey:

sp what do you guys think?

PEARL JAM :headbang:

Nice to see another PJ/Opeth fan. They are pretty contrasting and most pearl jam fans have never even heard of opeth.

Pearl Jam
Tool
Opeth
are my fave bands.

longroad... that's an awesome song!!

i have wished for so looong how i wish for you today...

pure bliss to my ears

and i happen to think the new pearl jam is way better than the old one.... but thats just me ause i love all of their records!

I like Pearl Jam though I wouldn't call myself a great fan. They have some some awesome songs like 'Nothing As It Seems" or most tracks from their fiest album, but there are also songs that bore me.

evildave said:
Totally. Gagging for title and releae date on the new album!

New album is out in April with a major tour to follow. Pearl Jam are nothing short of fantastic. I can't even count how many times I've seen them since the Lolla tours in 92 until my cross Canada tour last year. Pure and honest rock music.

I was a pretty burnout fan of PJ and obviosly love almost everything they did... except for Riot Act...It was too lifeless in my opinion and quite frankly they haven't realeased anything new since riot act which came out in 2002 and I'm pretty disappointed
Lost dogs or The greatest hits I don't consider new,neither the Live at the Garden DVD or the Beneroya Hall live acoustic, though I do have them all except for the Greatest Hits,that seemed pretty much pointless to buy.

paradoxile said:
I was a pretty burnout fan of PJ and obviosly love almost everything they did... except for Riot Act...It was too lifeless in my opinion and quite frankly they haven't realeased anything new since riot act which came out in 2002 and I'm pretty disappointed
Lost dogs or The greatest hits I don't consider new,neither the Live at the Garden DVD or the Beneroya Hall live acoustic, though I do have them all except for the Greatest Hits,that seemed pretty much pointless to buy.

Have you purchased any of the live shows?? The one thing that puts Pearl Jam ahead of pretty much all other bands is the fact that you never know what songs you are going to get at their concerts. Every show is different. I wish bands like Opeth, Tool, Nine Inch Nails etc... would follow this procedure. With all the material they have and the quality of musicianship in these bands, they should be able to pull off the majoirty of their catalog.

PJ is def. one of teh better rock bands out there.......!!!!....i love do teh evolution, even flow , alive, black ....so many cool songs......thats one band Id lvoe to see live...though Im a bigger AIC fans....they resonate much more with me .....PEAC EOUT

As a matter of fact, it's my favorite band besides Opeth. I'm really hoping that they'll be touring Europe this year, because I still havent found a change to see them. Favorite records are Vitalogy and Binaural.