Pearl Jam

I think TEN is up there with one of the "best" debut albums of all time. BTW, Worldwide your sense of humour is ridiculous. I mean that in a good way, you could be the funniest fucker on this forum. Thanks for keepin' it light,man. Peace.

Harvest Hound said:
Have you purchased any of the live shows?? The one thing that puts Pearl Jam ahead of pretty much all other bands is the fact that you never know what songs you are going to get at their concerts. Every show is different. I wish bands like Opeth, Tool, Nine Inch Nails etc... would follow this procedure. With all the material they have and the quality of musicianship in these bands, they should be able to pull off the majoirty of their catalog.

I got some of their concerts...from the Binaural tour and the more recent from austraia and japan...I would have bought their whole collection but unlike the US where these concerts in cardboard boxes are sold for the price of singles and sometimes even less...In Israel they cost more than a full album...about 20-22$ a pop. I guess you know where those profits are going...not pearl jam,that's for sure.

Pearl Jam fuckin rock! Love them, Vedder's voice sends chills down my spine. And, he can replicate that live, unlike some certain other grunge singers *cough Chris Cornell cough*.
Of the 'seminal' grunge bands (Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, Alice In Chains and Nirvana :yuk: ), Pearl Jam released the best album (Ten). I think Alice In Chains were best when they were on top form, but Pearl Jam are the most consistent by a mile.

Fuck Yeah! :headbang:

Eddie Vedder has that kind of voice that it's sometimes pretty hard to understand what he's mumbling instead of singing...The classic example is Yellow Ledbetter...absolutely brilliant song but I can't understand half the stuff he's singing+ there are no official lyrics and every live show Eddie sings something different...it was a bummer cause at some point I wanted to cover that song with a bunch of guys and we had no problem untill we got to the singing part

Liquid Diamonds said:
I think Cornell was always technically a better singer than Vedder, but Eddie just.... he's just so goddamned emotive!

Can't think of any really more emotive vocalists....

Any suggestions?

I always thought Layne was more emotive than Eddie...maybe it's all that heroin

Liquid Diamonds said:
See, everyone loves Layne.... I'm not convinced.

He's super-awesome on the MTV Unplugged though :)

Did you see the dvd where they didn't edit out the part where Layne fucked up the lyrics at the begining of Sludge Factory and they started over?

paradoxile said:
Did you see the dvd where they didn't edit out the part where Layne fucked up the lyrics at the begining of Sludge Factory and they started over?

Yeah, I saw it :lol:

The man was just a shell, but he sang his balls off! Now that was an emotive performance.

And also, I think 'Would?' is the best song of the grunge era.

Staley, Vedder, and Cornell are all amazing vocalists. If I was forced to pick one over the other I guess I would have to pick Cornell. But nothing beats those Staley/Cantrell harmonies.

Liquid Diamonds said:
Yeah, I saw it :lol:

The man was just a shell, but he sang his balls off! Now that was an emotive performance.

And also, I think 'Would?' is the best song of the grunge era.

It was the reason I bought the Singles soundtrack in the first place...
well AIC's "Would?" and PJ's "Breathe"

Did anyone else read that last year (or the year before), the surviving members of AIC did a concert with assorted vocalists, one of whom was Maynard James Keenan?
Anyone else think that would be really cool to hear?

They did Rooster,Them Bones and Man in the box with Maynard...
that was in the Tsunami relief concert Feb 18,2005...

If there was a benefit concert,there must be a cd or a dvd being sold which profits go to tsunami relief....If there isn't one...I'm sure you'll find some bootleg recording of the concert in one of the p2p programs.

Liquid Diamonds said:
Did anyone else read that last year (or the year before), the surviving members of AIC did a concert with assorted vocalists, one of whom was Maynard James Keenan?

I downloaded that, it was a shitty recording but great performance. I would love for them to do a tour together...

Liquid Diamonds said:

It was a great concert.

Alice in Chains wiped the floor with every other grunge band of the time. Incredible band albeit way too short-lived.

The Mad Season album also happens to be among the most emotive albums I have ever heard. I almost cry every time I hear 'Wake Up'.

Nope, PJ don't touch AIC.

As for the call that PJ are the most consistent? Hmmm - the first three albums are all excellent but after that there is a definite downturn.

AIC? Three albums, two EPs (have I forgotten any?) - all superb.

Soundgardedn, Mudhoney etc also very good.

Nirvana bore me

wow guys, i can't believe the respect PJ gets in ths forum, and i actually thought i'd get flamed for stating how much i love them

and he's definitely the most emotive singer i've ever heard, take for example"light years"

"and whereve ryou've gone and wherever we might go, it don't seem fair, you seemed to l ike it here, your light's reflected now, reflected from afar... we were but stones, your light made us stars"...

and the way he signs .... it can truly make me cry!