Please turn on the AC

Vocalist here.
A/C actually dries the air, and it affects your mucous membranes, such as the ones lining your nasal passages, throat, and lungs.
It's not uncommon for the band to request the A/C be cut for that very reason. How many times have you seen a front(wo)man sweating their ass off under those lights and you're roasting in the audience thinking, "Damn, hit the A/C?!" It dries us out! So, it is what it is. *shrug*

Don't bands carry steam inhalers around anymore? Just asking.

OK, I get Khan is an A/C fan, being from Norway, but what am I missing?

Khan always asks for the AC to be turned off and always seemed to do so well in advance. Whenever I saw Kamelot with him in warmer months, the audience all died in the venue. Last time I saw Khan with Kamelot, I thought I was going to pass out from the heat in the venue.

Danae is correct about the AC. But some vocalists are more sensitive than others. When I sang regularly for competitions and whatnot, I never did anything to baby my voice - I drank milk, soda, blasted AC full force, etc...with no ill effects, but Met-Al babies his voice a full week prior to if he has to sing.

Khan always asks for the AC to be turned off and always seemed to do so well in advance. Whenever I saw Kamelot with him in warmer months, the audience all died in the venue. Last time I saw Khan with Kamelot, I thought I was going to pass out from the heat in the venue.

Danae is correct about the AC. But some vocalists are more sensitive than others. When I sang regularly for competitions and whatnot, I never did anything to baby my voice - I drank milk, soda, blasted AC full force, etc...with no ill effects, but Met-Al babies his voice a full week prior to if he has to sing.

OK thanx for clarification. I've fronted a bunch of bands thru the years and have never even thought about the A/C unless it isn't on. If anything I want more, and have a fan blowing on me on stage too. The only thing I do is sip a beer between songs. Gives me a better texture to the voice, more ballzy kinda. If that makes sense. But yeah some good info on here I had never thought of. Thanx to all.