Post Your Haul!

sh0kr0k

Jul 7, 2002
St. Paul, MN
www.myspace.com
I can't believe there isn't a thread for this already! What loot did you haul away from the fest?! Share, brag, you know the drill..

CDs:
Iron Maiden - Dance of Death (duh! Did anyone not buy this? I demand to know why not!)
Vanden Plas - Beyond Daylight
Secret Sphere - Scent of Human Desire
Mercenary - Everblack
Pagan's Mind - Celestial Entrance
Evergrey - Recreation Day
Evergrey - I'm Sorry (EP)
Rage - Unity

Plus all the free samplers I could find...
ProgPowerIV Showcase Sampler
Inside Out Music Sampler Vol. 2
This Ain't Your Older Brother's Metal
CM Distro Summer Sampler - looking at the track list, I should have left this one behind:ill:

T-Shirts:
Vanden Plas - the one with the creepy green face on the back. I'm not crazy about it, but it was the last one so I bought it for the novelty.
ProgPowerIV Event Shirt
*There were only 3 or 4 women's shirts to choose from this year and I didn't like any of them. I wish there were more of a selection for the female fans, particularly long-sleeved women's shirts with all-over artwork (like what Pain of Salvation was selling last year)

Literature:
I grabbed a few of the free Lamentations of the Flame Princess magazines, plus the program guide of course.. what else was there this year?

Other Stuff:
One of the Symphony X knit hats
The last Symphony X cigarette lighter
A Prymary sticker
A Vanden Plas poster that I had autographed

I'm glad I had a lot more $$$ to spend this year! Can't wait for next year, I must start saving now!

~Sh0k~

CDs:
Anekdoten- Gravity
Blind Guardian- Live
Cathedral- Endtyme
Chain, Paul- King of the Dream
Edge of Sanity- Crimson II
Extol- Synergy
Firebird- No. 3
Fleurety- Min Tid Skal Komme
Goblin- Suspiria soundtrack
Ion Vein- Reigning Memories
Island- Pictures
Jacula- Tardo Pede in Magium Versus
Jarzombek, Ron- Solitarily Speaking of Solitary Confinement
Magma- MDK
Manticora- Hyperion
Napalm Death- Noise for Music's Sake
Obliveon- Greatest Pits
Of the Wand and the Moon- Emptiness Emptiness Emptiness
Pestilence- Consuming Impulse
Present- Certitude
Pulsar- Halloween
Quiet Riot- Metal Health
Runemagick- Darkness Death Doom 2 CD version
Strapping Young Lad- s/t
Univers Zero- Heresie
Vauxdvihl- Vog
Ved Buens Ende- Written in Waters
Watchtower- Demonstrations in Chaos

Also got the new Feast or Famine, EXCELLENT

DVDs:
Fozzy- Unleashed, Uncensored, Unknown (given to me at random as I was telling my girlfriend that Rich Ward from the band was there)
Nightwish- From Wishes to Eternity Live
Star One- Live on Earth (comes with the 2 audio CDs, awesome package there)

Plus I had promos waiting for me when I got home Saturday night:
Atrox- Orgasm
KA- Close Up
Unmoored- Indefinite Soul-Extension

And Sanna got:

Shirts-
Evergrey- Recreation Day
Evergrey- NA Tour
Katatonia- Last Fair Deal Gone Down
Opeth- Still Life (2)

CDs:
Agalloch- The Mantle
Amaran- A World Depraved
Blazing Eternity- A World to Drown In
Devil Doll- Sacrilege of Fatal Arms
Evergrey- Solitude Dominance Tragedy (2)
Evergrey- I'm Sorry
Evergrey- In Search of Truth
Green Carnation- A Blessing in Disguise
Havayoth- His Creation Reversed
Katatonia- Last Fair Deal Gone Down
Lacuna Coil- Comalies
Mercenary- Everblack
Opeth- Damnation
Pain of Salvation- Entropia
Pain of Salvation- One Hour By the Concrete Lake
Pharaoh- After the Fire (SIGNED by MATT JOHNSEN!)
Theatre of Tragedy- s/t
Virgin Black- Elegant... and Dying

And the new Feast or Famine

And we both got various samplers and CDr demos and such...

And the most disturbing words I heard all weekend... "I know that guy Mr. Doctor. He used to call me."

My Haul.
CD's
-----------
Cage - Darker Than Black
Derek Sherinian - Black Utopia
Manticora - Hyperion
Secret Sphere - Scent of Human Desire
Rage - Unity
Dr. Butcher - S/T (signed by jon oliva while there)
Mercenary - Everblack
Symphony X - Divine Wings of Tragedy
Iron Maiden - Dance of Death
Helloween - Walls of Jericho (extended edition)
Stratovarius - Fright Night
Iced Earth - Days of Purgatory (2 disk set)
Annihilator - Carnival Diablos (box with poster and sticker and pic of jeff waters)
Destruction - Best of
Nevermore - Enemies of Reality
Sanctuary - Refuge Denied
Flotsam and Jetsam - Doomsday for the Deciever
Kreator - Live Kreation

Samplers
------------
Thangelic demo
Progpower comp
Nevermore/Arch Enemy/Lacuna coil sampler
This ain't your older brother's metal comp
When worlds collide vol. 2 comp
CM distro comp

Shirts
------------
Judas Priest - Sad Wings of Destiny
Progpower shirt

Other stuff
-------------
Several LotFP mags
Progpower program
Mercenary poster (signed by ever member)
Sonata Arctica Poster
Helloween poster
My gold badge signed by about 15 people
Several good pictures
Jon Olivia talking about my friend and I while on stage
Streets by Savatage autographed by Jon
The Picture Disk Record of Demons and Wizards
AND A F***ING GREAT G**D***MED TIME!
THANKS GLENN!

Excelent topic. Can't believe I didn't think of this one.

CDs

Edguy - Burning down the Opera
Edguy - Mandrake
Devin Townsend - Terria
Archetype - Dawning
Zero Hour - Towers of Avarice
Blind Guardian - Live
Blind Guardian - Night at the Opera
Enchant - Tug of War
Labrynth - Return to Heaven Denied
Labrynth - Timeless Crime
Arena - Contagion
Power of Omens - Rooms of Anguish
Glass Hammer - The Middle Earth Album
Missa Mercuria
Magnitude 9 - Reality in Focus
Mercenary - Everblack
Stride - Music Machine
Prymary - s/t

and yes all the samplers and things...

I also got 3 shirts.

Sym X - Odyssey Tour shirt
Edguy - Burning Down The Opera shirt
and the ProgPower Festivle shirt

OH and a Symphony X decal that will look wickid awesome on my car.

Iron Maiden - Dance of Death (duh! Did anyone not buy this? I demand to know why not!)

I didn't buy it because it will be out in like a week and I will be able to buy it anywhere.

Mephistopheles said:
I didn't buy it because it will be out in like a week and I will be able to buy it anywhere.

For a lot more $$$ and besides, you can have braggin rites of being one of the first few people in the world to have the new release of a world-reknown band! Okay, maybe that's only cool to me :loco:

I wanted to get one of those SymX decals but I don't want to put it on the car I have now. In retrospect (after the beer and second hand smoke cleared out of my head) I should have got it to hang up on a wall or something until I have a car or a window I want to put it on.. :Smug:

~Sh0k~

Jim LotFP said:
CDs:
Anekdoten- Gravity
Jacula- Tardo Pede in Magium Versus
"

Anekdoten RULES! Gravity is THE best album of the year, IMO! :)

That Jacula album is the weirdest album i own! LOL It's freaking scary! This is more satanic than any black metal band.... I hated it at first, but it grew on me... Wierd, wierd shit!

I bought:

Anekdoten- Vemod (japanese version, with a kick ass bonus track! I already had the brazilian version.. I paid 16 bucks for the Bonus track..it's that good!)
Anekdoten- Official Bootleg- Live in Japan
Skyclad- Live At the Dynamo
The New Maiden (it blows, btw)
Helloween- Rabbit don't come easy
RAge- Unity
Devin Towsend- Infinity

The Prog Power Shirt

does anyone else agree that the progpower shirts aren't that great? i mean, there's not much you can do with a festival shirt, but i do not see much point in buying a pp4 shirt and then wearing it at the fest, i mean, we all know you're are pp4, and it's not some amazing shirt.

DrBell said:
does anyone else agree that the progpower shirts aren't that great? i mean, there's not much you can do with a festival shirt, but i do not see much point in buying a pp4 shirt and then wearing it at the fest, i mean, we all know you're are pp4, and it's not some amazing shirt.

I said the same thing last year and then regretted not getting one. They sold out by the second day. I wish I had bought one because PPIII will probably be my favorite ProgPower for a very long time. Plus it was my first one.. I sooo should have got one last year, so I didn't want to make the same mistake twice. I bought the event shirt first thing (well, after the new Maiden of course) to sort of make up for waiting too long last year.

~Sh0k~

Let's See.

I wound up with:

Threshold - Clone
Threshold - Psychedelicatessen
Pagan's Mind - Celestrial Entrance
Mob Rules - Hallowed Be Thy Name
Star one - Star one
Helloween - Rabbit don't Come Easy
Edguy - Burning Down the Opera
Evergrey - Solitude, Dominence
Lana Lane - Garden of the Moon
Silent Force - Infatuator
Ten - Far Beyond the World
Symphony X - Damnation Game

Things I wanted but were sold out before I could get them:

Gary Hughes - Once & Future King
Labyrinth - Return to Heaven Denied (gee, thanks Mephistopheles)
Adagio - Santus Ingus

Things I considered, but were gone when I went back:

Evergrey - Dark Discovery
Nikolai Kotzev - Nostrademus
Iron Maiden - Dance of Death

All that means that I will just need to make an online purchase soon, but first I'll digest what I bought.

Is it just me, or does anyone else have trouble NOT buying way too many CDs, just because you don't get to see selections like that on display? I know I do 99.99% of my music purchasing over the 'net.

Steve

CDs

Secret Sphere - Scent Of Human Desire

T-shirts

Symphony X
ProgPower IV (got 2 of those)
Pagan's Mind

I already have a huge collection of CDs especially for the bands that were playing this year. I buy 99.9% of my CDs online also so I'll pickup any that I missed out on that way.

I thought the festival shirts were pretty cool and can't wait to wear it to some concerts back here at home so the people who didn't go can see what they missed out on. :) I had an AWESOME time at the festival and I'm planning on attending next year.

DarkOne said:
Is it just me, or does anyone else have trouble NOT buying way too many CDs, just because you don't get to see selections like that on display? I know I do 99.99% of my music purchasing over the 'net.

yeah, i didn't buy any cd's because of this. most of those cd's can be found online, and i did not want to spend so much of my time at the festival browsing cd's.

In no particular order:

From Ken 'The Soul Collector' Golden:
Section A - The Seventh Sign
The Gathering - How to Measure a Planet?
John Arch - A Twist of Fate
Chrome Shift - Ripples in Time
Marcel Coenen - Guitartalk
Buddy Lackey - The Strange Mind of Buddy Lackey
Wuthering Heights - To Travel For Evermore
Mattias IA Eklundh - Freak Guitar [replacing cdr]
Spock's Beard - Don't Try This at Home [live]
Tomorrow's Eve - Mirror of Creation

From IOMA:
Conspiracy - The Unknown [replacing promo copy]
Dead Soul Tribe - A Murder of Crows [replacing promo copy]
The Devin Townsend Band - Accelerated Evolution [replacing promo copy]
Threshold - Hypothetical [ltd. ed.]
Transatlantic - Live in America
a Vanden Plas Beyond Daylight shirt

From Century Media:
Lana Lane & Erik Norlander - European Tour 2003 Souvenir CD [ltd. ed.]
Edguy - Burning Down the Opera [live]
Genius: A Rock Opera

Other:
Biomechanical - Eight Moons [band replacing original cdr they sold]
A Guitar Odyssey - A Tribute to Yngwie Malmsteen
Evening Star - promo
2 Century Media samplers
PPUSA sampler
Dave Gallegos - flamenco demo
Outworld - new songs demo
and my friend Aki (aka pollution) brought Tarot - Shining Black for me from Finland, too, so I'll just add it in here.

I picked up some good shit and could have picked up more but the cash flow was starting to wear thin! :)

T-Shirts:
Prymary
Evergrey
ProgPower Shirt (that is a given esp since it was my first one)
Circle II Circle (Probably the band that stole the show IMO..Nightwish a close second)
Zero Hour (love these guys)
Spiral Architect

DVD
Warlord - Book I (I had some of this on video Cannons of Destruction but wanted to get the DVD...great to see Zonder and Bill...borderline hillarious esp. the interviews! :) )

Cd's
Blackmore's Night - Ghost of A Rose (I am Blackmore disciple and I have virtually all his shit)
Mercenary - Everblack (these guys were great!)
Dead Soul Tribe - S/T (The new album fucken rocks but never picked up the first one)
Amaran - A World Depraved (I have been playing alot of the mp3s and they have really grown on me, esp the female vocals)
Stride - Music Machine (great fucken preparty band!I didn't buy this it was given to me with the promo package and I will play the shit out of it on Seismic Radio)
Green Carnation - A Blessing in Disuise (had this on MP3 but I am all for supporting the bands I like)
Green Carnation - Light of Day, Day of Darkness (brilliant! finally got the CD after months of listening to the mp3)
Kalmah - Swampsong (friend Paul Cashman said this was cool...Paul is usually dead on 90% of the time)
Arch Enemy - Anthems of Rebellion
Edge of Sanity - Crimson II (Swano KICKS ASS!)
Iron Maiden - Dance of Death (I just hope the music is a lot better then the cover...was the reaper RIPPED off from the COB collection? :) )
Anekdoten - Gravity (I have all of them now in my collection, Probably one of the best Prog bands from Sweden you can not go wrong with these guys...Vemod ranks as one of my all time top Prog albums)
Nightwish - Over the Hills and Far Away (Only Nightwish can do a remake of Gary Moore's song and make it sound even better!)
Bob Katsionis - Turn of my Century (Heard some songs from some friends and I liked it)
Sinphonia - The Devine Disharmony (This better be good or this "friend" of mine who told me to get this will send me back my $12 :) )
Zero Hour - Metamorphosis (I didn't have the original but this will do!)
Buddy Lackey - The Strange mind of Buddy Lackey (I have been on a Psychotic Waltz/Dead Soul Tribe kick as of late...so why the hell not add this to my collection)
Epica - The Phantom Agony (see reference to Sinphonia but add $6 more)
Twilight - The Edge (I heard a track on the PA of this band and liked it a lot, Aki my Finnish friend told me they are good...unfortunetly I could not find the other album)

That was it I think! :)

Cheers, Tony

Jim LotFP said:
CDs:
Anekdoten- Gravity
Jim this is a very good album slightly different direction then the rest...if you don't have their first Vemod...I highly suggest getting it even if you are not a PROGmeister! :)

Edge of Sanity- Crimson II
I just got like 12 hours of sleep :) coming up next on my CD player...usually can't go wrong with Swano

Ion Vein- Reigning Memories
I have this on mp3 listen to a few tracks and its not that bad...let me know what you think

Quiet Riot- Metal Health
OMG where did you find this? :)

Nightwish- From Wishes to Eternity Live
This is a cool ass DVD, hope they release the new one soon!

Star One- Live on Earth (comes with the 2 audio CDs, awesome package there)
Yes it is a great package, some great stuff on there too...I thought this might be a little too proggy for your taste.

And Sanna got:

CDs:

Amaran- A World Depraved
This CD is growning on me, I think you will like it a lot!

Green Carnation- A Blessing in Disguise
Might not be as good as LOD, DOD but I really dig it

Lacuna Coil- Comalies
My favorite LC album, although the album spirals down a little towards the middle section, the first 4-5 songs are very well down. Self Deception is one of the best cuts IMO...Christina's chorus line in there gives me a hard on! :)

Mercenary- Everblack
These guys kicked ass, need to give this album a whirl as soon as my sleep catches up with me!

Opeth- Damnation
Saw them with Porcupine Tree (another great band) on this tour...fucken kicked ass! I love this album mainly because of the clean vocals but also because it is brilliantly orchestrated and produced...Steve Wilson is a musical genius and knows how to pick his bands to produce! :)

Pain of Salvation- Entropia
Pain of Salvation- One Hour By the Concrete Lake
Anything POS does is pure gold...nothing else needs to be said! :)

Angrafan said:
Anekdoten RULES! Gravity is THE best album of the year, IMO! :)

Fuck Yeah Anekdoten rules! I first saw them back in Progfest 1994 in Los Angeles and got to meet them after the show in which in my opinion blew everyone else away...well maybe with the exception of Kevin Gilbert's great reproduction of the Genesis classic album The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway. I still have a review I did of Vemod if I can find it! :)

I bought:

Anekdoten- Vemod (japanese version, with a kick ass bonus track! I already had the brazilian version.. I paid 16 bucks for the Bonus track..it's that good!)

I have the original Vemod pressing...good luck finding that :) I also have the Japanese version you are talking about with the bonus track but I do not have a Brazilian version unless it is different from the original.

Anekdoten- Official Bootleg- Live in Japan
Have this good stuff! :)

The New Maiden (it blows, btw)
Oh man I still haven't listened to it and you ruined my surprise :) OH well a suck ass album by Maiden is usually better then most of the shit out there today!

Helloween- Rabbit don't come easy
Don't have this, kind of got burnt out on Helloween in the late 90's but I will probably go see them play soon enough in California! :)

RAge- Unity
Not a big Rage fan but the few songs I saw of them live will probably change that. I went in with a ho-hum attitude about them but when I decided to catch some of the songs I had some praises. I actually have the new promo Soundchaser so will give that a spin soon.

Devin Towsend- Infinity
Going to see Devin open for SX soon enough...buddy Paul Cashman got me into them...I prefer his Oceanmachine and solo stuff more then SYL.

DarkOne said:
Things I wanted but were sold out before I could get them:

Adagio - Santus Ingus

I am glad they were playing a cut off the new Adagio album "Underworld" I think it was "Chosen". I have the new album and nothing but praises. Sanctus Ignis is one of the best debut albums ever! It's that good and although I will catch hell from a lot of SX fans, (first off I am a huge SX fan so don't bash me for that :) ) I think they need to watch their asses cause the Adagio boys will give them a good run for their money. :)

Twice in person I told Glenn to get Adagio next year and a few times on the board and via email :) I am not the only one here, I looked at several posts and Adagio's name turns up more times then not. Glenn if you read this, get a hint man and do everything you can to bring Stephan and the boys to the states. Heck, I will even go as far and say that I would be willing to sponsor them and I know quite a few others who would do the same. Then again <grin> myself and friends Beth and Shawn are both in charge of the US Adagio fan club http://www.adagio-usa.com

Check it out! :)

Steve