PP IV: Sell-Out? Fingers crossed...

Harvester

The Promoter
Sep 16, 2001
www.progpowerusa.com
Last year, the show sold-out in 6 days. My roster was a dream roster in terms of quality, big names, and debuts. I do not think that I'll ever be able to match it in terms of excitement. Thus, I'll be very interested to see how ticket sales go this year. Based upon sales of "blind gold badges" this year, the pace is twice as fast the previous year.

I think I have put together a kick-ass lineup and I really hope that I can dupilcate the success of last year and continue to build the reputation of the show. Yes, all ten bands are confirmed (just waiting on a few contracts to arrive). Keep your fingers crossed for a Wednesday announcement.

I have a question to post to you regulars to the forum. I would be curious to hear if you know of people that have not attended in the past, but hope to do so this year.

Glenn H

I know of a few people who have talked but being from Michigan it would require cash for food, hotel, drinks etc so that might deter a couple of em. I know of one that wants to go just based on me telling him how much fun I've had at the last two shows.

I think "ProgPower" will sell out regardless of the line-up but based on speculation if even a couple of the bands I've heard mentioned play it would make the trek worthwhile.

Keep up the great work.

John

I'm form El Salvador, Central America. I was there last year with a couple of friends and we'll be back this year. Two other friends are very interested in going to this year Progpower. But it all depends on the price of airplane tickets, hotel and food, since its rather expensive. Its all worth it with out a doubt. I can't wait for the roster anouncement next week.

Glenn-

I personally know no one like that. However, I have seen, in the various newsgroups and forums that I participate, a growing awareness about the festival. I wasn't aware of the first one. Had I been, I would have attended. After securing my Gold Badges for PPII, I started posting and asking people if they planned on going. Most were still unaware of the festival, and I received very few responses. When PPIII rolled around, and I posed the same question, I received many responses. Either people responded saying that they were going or were pissed because they couldn't go, for one reason or another.

I'd be shocked if the festival didn't sell out, two or three days after going on sale. Just my $0.02.

GZ

Yeah actually Glenn I know 4 or 5 people that are saying they are going to go from Demnetia and Mike Portnoy.com that have not been before, I really think your reputation for putting on a great festivel is spreading. Once the lineup in announced I have no doubt that the "hype" (so to say) will get even bigger!!!I have had faith in you since day one when you announced you were doing PPUSA 1.0 and you keep raising the bar every time!!!Can't wait to see the lineup!!

Bear

I haven't been to a PP yet, but a friend and I are going this year almost definately. The only way we aren't going is if the lineup sucks...but how could it? Can't wait for the lineup or for tickets to go on sale :).

:headbang:

I myself am a new person to this fest. This will be my first time there. All I am waiting for is to hear the lineup, get my tickets and see the various hotels.
I am thankful for all the cool responses from people on this board to my questions so far.
I have seen mention of progpower over at the www.bwbk.com board.

Glenn -
When you announce the bands, hopefully Wednesday, will tickets become available that day or at a later date? I can't remember how it all worked last year.
Personally, I don't really care what the line-up will be. I had too much fun last year not to go this year.

I have several friends who are into the same type of music, who haven't gone in the past. I guess I'm more hardcore than them, but now that I've gone and I know it's a quality operation, hopefull they'll be up for it...but it will all depend on the bands involved.

I have several friends in COsta Rica who are very interested in coming to PP4. They are awaiting to see what bands will be playing and make a decision based on that.
I have introduced many people to Power and Prog Metal, and some of them are interested as well.
This is by far the best festival on this side of the world and any real fan of Power/Prog would love to go to ProgPower.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure tickets didn't go on sale last year until well after the bands were announced.

I knew who was going to play at the festival for a good while before I was able to purchase tix. Of course, I have no clue how it will work this year :)

--S

Soul_Schizm said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure tickets didn't go on sale last year until well after the bands were announced.

I knew who was going to play at the festival for a good while before I was able to purchase tix. Of course, I have no clue how it will work this year :)

--S
I believe tickets went onsale on July 1st last year. Anyway, I was one of those who had planned to attend last year but wasn't able to go because the friend I was planning to go with had auditioned for a European metal band and been accepted (hey, it would be interesting if THEY play ProgPower since she isn't in the band anymore...). This year we both plan to definitely go to ProgPower. I can't wait for the lineup announcement!

Soul_Schizm said:

--S

Gold Badges go on sale to previous GB holders before the announcement is made. Regular ticket sales come after the announcement. The actual date they go on sale will be posted on the website well in advance.

--Mike