PP IV: Sell-Out? Fingers crossed...

I've gone to the last two and I will be there again this year. Still though, I hope there is a new venue coming next year. Earthlink Live is too small for the amount of people that were there last time. It was very uncomfortable to try and buy CD's or walk around.

I have never went to progpower before but have always been interested in attending since I heard so many good things about it. I have a friend that attends each year and I really cant wait to see what is going on this year. Im also going for my own special reasons. ;)

If the trip to Atlanta is at all feasible, or if in lady-space's friends case, if they live in Atlanta (maybe) then theyshould try to go. The point is to support Metal and bring it back to power(prog) in the USA. That's why I'll be trying my damndest to go to the BWBK show in addition to PPIV. It's all about the metal, the life, the anti-hip-hop, the need for people to be free of those corporate chains that MTV and Rolling Stone and all the others are trying to force on the American people. Long live Metal and go to the shows, even if they aren't your favorite bands or what you most want to see(except for the Metallica tour this summer, cause that would be supporting the corporate giants). Down with Metallica and I love Ozzy, but fu** his shows too!

Hmmm. Before the lineup was announced I was sure PP IV would sell out in a day. Now Im not so sure it will sell out as fast, note I said AS FAST as PP III. I will definitely be coming I remember last year talking to some guys outside the venue going "Fuck man they gotta have Nightwish next year" and hoping against hope theyd be there. Im thrilled about the lineup, about 4 of the bands I have to get cds from (as was the case last year with PP III). To be honest I will say this though, I really think this year will mainly be attracting previous attendees who know how bad ass the experience is of the entire festival. Last year was the attract massive amounts of new people and this year is the lets keep those people lineup. Hope that made sense. Just wanted to say whats up to Chris man you going this year?

Ben

Glenn,
I've been on the forums in and around the progressive community for some time now. This is the first year in which I've been interested in travelling some 800+ miles to see this. If I lived closer, I would definitely seek out "Gold status". I have friends in and around these communities who are regulars and they always recommend it. I will truly be broken if I can't score tickets but will do my best. I like the idea of a small venue for an up close personal experience with these bands, but with the number of fans being denied last year, perhaps this year will be a turning point. Thanks for all your hard work and I look forward to my first experience at ProgPower!!!

I went to the last one. Me and a friend flew down from Michigan, mostly for Blind Guardian and Gamma Ray. However, based on this new lineup I guess I am in the minority and do not plan to attend. I have no doubt it will be a great show, but nothing on this bill justifies the amount of money it would take for me to travel and see it. I was honestly hoping that something like Helloween would happen but I guess you can't have it all! :)
Anyway, everybody who is into these bands have fun! Maybe I'll attend #5 depending on who is playing.

this is my first time and I guess for what style of music I prefer,Prog, I have chosen a good one to go to see. I will admit that the only bands I have heard of are nightwish,evergrey(although I am just getting into them),and symphony X.

I will admit that I will be at the highly often chaotic milwaukee metalfest also this summer and I wanted to see if this one(progpower)was a good as it is often said to be. This even though power metal isn't one of my favorites. It is an aquired taste for me. I am very selective as most of the vocalist don't grab me.

I am quickly going on all these bands websites and finding out info and I am trying to make a compilation with 1 or 2 of their mp3's just to give me a taste.

Well, Glenn.

I haven't been to any ProgPowers yet, but as Nightwish is without doubt my favorite band, I'm gonna try to make it to this years. And I WILL be dragging friends along........

Not to mention Sympony X, Pagan's Mind, Vanden Plas...... *sighs* all of em.

Tried to make it to last years, but I missed out on ticket sales.

Now that I think about it, I've never been able to make it to ANY power metal/prog metal concert...........;)

And I gotta say good job on the timing - I leave for Africa for two years on the 12th of September......hell of a going away present I gotta say :)

Great job on the lineup, and hope to see ya'll there.

Jeff.