PP IV: Sell-Out? Fingers crossed...

Like the good General (among others) was saying earlier in this thread, I have also noticed a growing awareness of the festival. I'm sure it will help draw in more people. I've come across more and more people around Atlanta in the past months that recognize or show interest in my ProgPower shirts, too.

--Mike

I would urge anyone planning to want to go to not make the mistake I heard from many last year, "I waited to long to buy my tickets". Once they're gone you will find a handful on ebay from people who can't make it for whatever reason, but that's about it. Good luck! :)

MetalAges said:
I would urge anyone planning to want to go to not make the mistake I heard from many last year, "I waited to long to buy my tickets". Once they're gone you will find a handful on ebay from people who can't make it for whatever reason, but that's about it. Good luck! :)

I can't agree with Deron more on this. I talked to people who missed out because they waited that one week for their next paycheck to come in, only to find out that the show sold out in six days. Pull the cash from your account now and keep it in a jar until you can go to TicketBastard (or whatever your local ticket seller is). It sounds silly, but do you really want to hope for a last-minute eBay auction? :)

--Mike

I went with 2 other friends from Florida.. I know one of my other friends is kicking himself for not coming along.. so there should be a possible 4 coming up from Florida so far.. same 3 definite.

Tickets last year went on sale July 1st.. months after the lineup announcements finished. I had plenty of time to save the ca$h.

Harvester said:
I have a question to post to you regulars to the forum. I would be curious to hear if you know of people that have not attended in the past, but hope to do so this year.

Glenn H

I am one of those people. If you can hold 2 gold badges for me, I will gladly buy them!

We have actually 4 new people attending this year 2/4 are getting the "blind badges" but the other 2 will be purchasing regular tickets. We've been pushing Progpower pretty hard here in Utah and I know of some other people that might jump on the bandwagon this year as well. We've gradually increased the people that come with us every year because we tell them so much about the festival, they've got their bags already packed!! :)

Sheri

Well ...

There were 6 of us from Honduras in last progpower, I had talked to some friends and at least 4 more are wanting to go this year, they already start try to get the US visa.

Si I hope to see everybody there this year.
Long live ProgPower !!!

I will be returning most definitley this year. Newbies, I shit you not when I say Prog Power III was the most godly, surreal and bad ass experience of my life and I am looking forward to PPIV and maybe Ill squeal like a girl at this years lineup like I did last year when I saw Edguy, Angra, Gamma Ray and Blind Guardian on the band list about a year ago. Shit it was like almost exactly a year ago when I first heard about Prog Power.

Hail Glenn!!!! (sorry I just couldnt resist, Im in a Manowar mood right now)

Ben

This will be my third progpower, and they have all ruled. I am so glad that I am a gold badge holder, so that way I don't have to fight for tickets, I am all secure. Doesn't matter who the bands are, always gonna be awesome, and at least one band that makes the trip worth it all by themselves. The last 2 years it was just me and someone else, this year I am bringing 2 others along, one of them went last year, and the other guy was suppose to, but couldn't end up going.

LONG LIVE PROGPOWER, only thing I know I am gonna do every year!!!

I recall last year (my first PP, but not my last) a lot of people on a lot of different boards mentioning PP. I think that the awareness is getting out there. I realize that last year's lineup of high profile bands coming to the US for the first time (BG, GR) won't be matched, but I think a few big names in the next two years will be enough to firmly establish PP in the mainstream metal community.

Glenn, I just hope you have some way to make sure the regulars get tickets in teh years to come, when this show sells out in an hour or less :)

Steve

My best friend wanted to go really bad last year but he slept on buying hiw ticket and missed out. There is no way he is missing it this year, he is super psyched about it. I also have a couple other friends that have said if the line-up is anywhere as good as last year's that they want to go down with us too.

@ Morpheus - I hope you and Melanie (I imagine that is who you are talking about) are going to be there this year.
My brother and I have our gold badges confirmed and this will make our third year in a row (second as GB holders) and I can't wait. I am trying to spread the word amongst the people here in Charlotte, but there are so many hip-hopsters and such, it's hard. I was telling one dude, but he didn't know any of last years bands except having heard of Helloween with the Gamma Ray connection. He's looking forward to that lame Metallica tour with those hip-hop "metal" bands. It's sad, but Glenn, I truly believe you are one of the leading edge people in returning True Metal to the States and if you continue on in the fashion you have over the past few years, I believe you will recieve a cult hero status. You are one cool Mutha!

Couldn't agree more with many of the things said here thus far. I'm of course coming again, and I know of at least 3 friends who've never been and now would love to go.

Now just waiting for that announcement...

MetalAges said:
What will you say when the list varies greatly from the bands you've been PMing people about that are going to be here this year? Hehehehe, just giving you a hard time ;)

Hmmm, you must be referring to me and the TWO PMs I've sent, 1 to nightwish58, 1 to rhavin2112; gee, I thought they were called PRIVATE messages. Well, I won't make that mistake again.

Anyway, I kept that sort of stuff OFF the forum (since IMO that was disrespectful to Glenn and his desires for a grand announcement). Lastly, I'm a ProgPower supporter; it doesn't matter to me who's announced or who's playing really. It's all about the scene to me. So, cheers!

I went for the first time last year, and have already renewed my GB status for this year, plus an extra for a friend. I have another friend who will probably go as well, for a total of 2 first time attendees...