PP USA VII: Headliners confirmed

Petethedrummer said:
I REALLY WISH I LIKED NEVERMORE
BALLS

but, I'm realllllllllly happy with the evergrey set, so I'll take what i can get

BOOOOOOOO!!!!!

*STARTS CHANT*

NEVERMORE! NEVERMORE! NEVERMORE! NEVERMORE!:headbang::headbang:

DarkTide said:
All you people who don't like a pit better head for the seats when Nevermore comes on stage. At some point in time Warrell will call for a pit. It won't be much of one, but it will be called for ... it always is.
Yeah, Glenn is going to need to speak to Warrell or give up his "no moshing" rule. Everytime I've seen Nevermore live, Warrell has barked the order, "Don't just stand there, push somebody!" I'm sure Glenn will speak to them beforehand.

Zod

Theandromedastrain said:
FUCK YEAH I WAS THERE MAN! ME AND MY FRIEND WERE HANGING WITH JEFF AND VAN AFTER THE SHOW!

Zod and I had the best seats in the house for that show. First two seats front and center. Warrel was acknowledging us the entire time as we were singing along. It fucking slayed.

Jason

DarkTide said:
All you people who don't like a pit better head for the seats when Nevermore comes on stage. At some point in time Warrell will call for a pit. It won't be much of one, but it will be called for ... it always is.

Britt
I guess it's time to buff up then. Pumptitude time!! Hehe.

dargormudshark said:
Ok, I hope someone affiliated with the band reads this so they can consider this. I'm thinkin 3 hour show and in that 3 hours...SOME FUCKIN SANCTUARY!!!

At least one Sanctuary tune, Battle Angels or Sanctuary would be perfect. Even something off the second one would work, that one is a little more Nevermoreish. its a festival they should do something special.

Seriously... I think Nevermore will be the most crushing band that has ever stepped at ProgPower... It's gonna be unfair to the other bands, they're simply gonna slay EVERYONE.

The 4 Nevermore shows I've seen were good, but never headlining nor with proper production. I really can't wait to see this.

lol i appologize for the whining/buzzkill. i guess im a bit of a hypocrite on this one. but sometimes when you hate something so bad, you cant help it. not really nevermore as a band. but warrel dane gets under my skin as much as black dahlia murder. which says a lot

SoNofBitcH said:
lol i appologize for the whining/buzzkill. i guess im a bit of a hypocrite on this one. but sometimes when you hate something so bad, you cant help it. not really nevermore as a band. but warrel dane gets under my skin as much as black dahlia murder. which says a lot

It's understandable. I hope you get to enjoy the rest of the festival, though.:)

General Zod said:
Yeah, Glenn is going to need to speak to Warrell or give up his "no moshing" rule. Everytime I've seen Nevermore live, Warrell has barked the order, "Don't just stand there, push somebody!" I'm sure Glenn will speak to them beforehand.

You know, it's possible that Nevermore could get a bit of a green light here - an "exception to the otherwise steadfast moshing rule" or something. Perhaps they can even announce it over the loudspeaker or something prior to Nevermore's set as a warning to the audience. I do think it would take a little away from the raw energy and passion of Nevermore's performance if Warrel wasn't allowed to have the audience mosh on command. He would almost be working with "shackles" so to speak. Anyway, it's obviously Glenn's call and one we need to respect either way.

Jason

AngraRULES said:
Seriously... I think Nevermore will be the most crushing band that has ever stepped at ProgPower... It's gonna be unfair to the other bands, they're simply gonna slay EVERYONE.

The 4 Nevermore shows I've seen were good, but never headlining nor with proper production. I really can't wait to see this.

I'd be willing to say Nevermore is probably the best headliner Glenn has gotten yet. In terms of not just being an amazing band, but in putting on an amazing show. The only other headliner I've seen that is as good as NM live is Rage, and they better not be walked out on like Rage was!

Perfect lineup. I couldn't have asked for better headliners. I didn't get band 3 of my dream lineup (Pagan's Mind), but that is null and void considering EVERGREY being a headliner. And what an Evergrey performance this will be!! And NEVERMORE?? The whole roster is an ass kicker. Every band is (Evergrey, Nevermore, Mercenary) or has strong elements (Blind Guardian, Labyrinth) of some of my absolute favorites. Thank you Glenn, for making dreams come true! ALL HAIL PROGPOWER USA, THE PREMIER METAL FESTIVAL!

About the moshing thing...

How did he "command" this moshing thing at a stadium show such as Gigantour? Just curious....b/c in NY, the seats didn't move.

As for moshing..."I'm abivalent".

SoNofBitcH said:

No need to apologize...you stated your opinion...and it was a good one. Nevermore is a decent 40 - 45 min opening band...saw them on Gigantour...very hohum performance. The Dillinger Escape Plan were more thrilling than they were & I considered DEP more of a novelty act. To Nevermore's credit...the lead player is good.
The Evergrey show should be worth seeing with choir & orchestra.
A Friday ticket should be easy to get for $25 a month before the show.