PP USA XV: Disperse Out/Thought Chamber in

Love Thought Chamber. I picked up their debut record in the vendor room last year and it spent many months in my vehicle disc changer. Good stuff! Actually improves an otherwise stellar line up for my tastes! :headbang:

I know stuff like this is difficult Glenn, but your B-plan is better than what most anyone can pull off ever!:cool:

I'm not familiar with Disperse at all, but LOVE Thought Chamber! I have listened to the debut disk so many times and I'm really looking forward to buying the new one on 1 Oct.! What a great way to open the festival!

It is very likely an upgrade for me also. I listened to Disperse and was thinking about skipping there set altogether. With their pedigree, Thought Chamber has potential and I will listen to them soon. :headbang:

Anytime you can bring Ted Leonard back to ProgPower is good by me, and having another member of Enchant is certainly a bonus. Thought Chamber is a GREAT first announcement band, much less a replacement! Holy cow!

Sorry for whatever situation forced your hand here Glenn, and I know it's unpleasant when it happens, but damn if you aren't the MAN when it comes to having a backup plan.

Multiple kudos to you, as always.

It seems like there's always one. Hopefully we're getting it out of the way now and there'll be no changes to make your blood boil 1 or 2 months before the fest.

It's definitely an upgrade for me. Not having heard either of them before the announcement, but having listened to them both since. I don't outright dislike Disperse but I thought it would be a very sleepy start to Friday. Thought Chamber should kick it off with a bang.

Anytime you can bring Ted Leonard back to ProgPower is good by me, and having another member of Enchant is certainly a bonus. Thought Chamber is a GREAT first announcement band, much less a replacement! Holy cow!

Sorry for whatever situation forced your hand here Glenn, and I know it's unpleasant when it happens, but damn if you aren't the MAN when it comes to having a backup plan.

Multiple kudos to you, as always.

I second everything Kez says!

- Chris

It is with deep regret that I must announce that Disperse will not be appearing at ProgPower USA XV.

Con: I was really looking forward to Disperse...not familiar with them, but they had a cool sound, and seemed like a band I'd really like.

Pro: I've now at least *heard* of Disperse, and can check out their CD(s) on my own.

Pro: I really like Thought Chamber.

Pro: TWO Enchant members will be on stage with Thought Chamber, including Ted Leonard, one of my favorite vocalists.

Hmmm....1 against, 3 for....sounds like an upgrade to me. :)

Thanks for always doing good stuff for us, Glenn!!

Craig

The loss of Disperse is unfortunate. Hopefully, we will get to see them grace the PP stage sometime in the future. Thought Chamber, on the other hand, is an excellent choice and I am very much looking forward to seeing them in 2014.

I know that some folks were looking forward to Disperse, so it stinks that they aren't able to play the fest. However, though I think they have a very unique approach to their music, I tried to get into them and nothing grabbed me. That said, Thought Chamber makes me extremely happy. Anytime I can see Ted Leonard on stage, I turn into a happy little boy. As usual, Glenn, you met adversity with swiftness and professionalism.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

I don't know what to think of this one. On the announcement video I'll be honest and thought I hated what I heard from Disperse. Upon further examination though, I was quite intrigued as they seemed a bit different. As for Thought Chamber, I love Enchant and think Ted is a great singer, but so far the music isn't necessarily grabbing me.

I'm not familiar with Disperse at all, but LOVE Thought Chamber! I have listened to the debut disk so many times and I'm really looking forward to buying the new one on 1 Oct.! What a great way to open the festival!

I was not familiar with Disperse either (and when I first tried to read that logo, I thought it was "Diaspora"), but I will admit that I kinda liked what I heard.

However, I remember how you were gushing over that Thought Chamber album and I ended up checking it out as well at the time. I figured if you liked that much, then it had to be at least worth checking out. Glad I did, because that albums is really good. Hell, I was actually listening to it fairly recently and was even thinking about if these guys were even still around as a band.

Damn! Not only do I learn that they are not playing ProgPower, but there is also a new album forthcoming!!! Sucks for Disperse, but to me this is a big upgrade! I think it will make an already kick-ass lineup even that much better (and I did not think it was possible to get better).

Fanboy QQ: all the people screaming upgrade make me cry on the inside.

I don't begrudge you all your enthusiasm, I'm just still depressed. (and probably will remain that way until I hear Accidentally on Purpose live)