ProgPower USA XV Official Roster and videos

If anything I just want to see the building mostly full at the end of the night, even if I don't like the band. To me that's a sign of someone who's gonna bring the house down. I didn't witness that with them the last time, and I watched their whole set. Maybe it was too late, maybe it was that AWFUL 10-15 minute video they had (AngrA was also guilty of this). Quite honestly after that video I was surprised anyone stuck around. Maybe my perception was off. But I think I pretty much know a good live band even when I can't stand them and they weren't it. Maybe I was disappointed that one of the Timo's didn't piss on the other one. lol I do hope those who watch them this year get a good show.

Maybe my memory is off, but I recall the venue being PACKED for Strato last time. They aren't my thing and I only stuck around for 3-4 songs, but I do remember there even being a large number of people in the aisles (which made it hard to get out when I bailed early).

Maybe my memory is off, but I recall the venue being PACKED for Strato last time. They aren't my thing and I only stuck around for 3-4 songs, but I do remember there even being a large number of people in the aisles (which made it hard to get out when I bailed early).

Your memory is correct. I have a vivid memory of this because it was the one year where I had to fight through the floor to get to the solo Hispanic Mosh King and calm him down.

oh..and Overkill
that seemingly got the biggest pop from the crowd...they are going to blow the roof off the place,and personally I have not seen them since I moved from Long Island in 2000...as they never play florida,always kick ass

There are no Florida dates on their upcoming tour with Kreator, but I saw them headline in Tampa last year.

I don't drink, so my memory is pretty good, but I remember where I stood for Stato's set (and it's rare I stand on the floor) and there being room around me. Maybe I'm remembering by the end of the show that ran so late that it seemed really spacious. I remember my buddy being so tired he couldn't take it anymore and left while I was determined to stick out their show. It is years ago now and the memory is getting full. Nonetheless I hope the show does well and it's not the last one.

Even Fates Warning who is by far the best and most talented band to headline the fest didn't sell it out (probably partial economy), but I think also power metal people stayed away that year.

It's more than economy with Fates. Sadly, while they are a genre defining and arguably the best prog metal band, they've never been the most popular. Unfortunately talent alone doesn't do it as the problem with them is they're horrible at marketing themselves.

It's more than economy with Fates. Sadly, while they are a genre defining and arguably the best prog metal band, they've never been the most popular. Unfortunately talent alone doesn't do it as the problem with them is they're horrible at marketing themselves.

I couldn't agree more. Web presence is sorely lacking.

Really psyched for next year on several fronts!

I think I'd rather see PoS perform The Perfect Element in its entirety, since it was the album they had just released before PPUSA 1 and it was emblazoned in our minds for that still-astonishing performance they turned in (plus it's my overall favorite, eh), but hey, Remedy Lane is good too. :)

I just added Wed & Thurs roster to original post in this thread.

THURSDAY roster:
Pagan's Mind performing "Celestial Entrance" in its entirety (Norway)
DGM (Italy)
Draekon (US)

Tickets on sale November 1, 2013

WEDNESDAY roster:
Pain of Salvation - details TBA

~Jen

Thanks Jen missed the DGM annoucment :) I'm so stoked, though after a few days of thinking the only reason I may not be there is if I can't afford it/can't take time off from the job I'm hopefully getting next week, interview on tuesday for a data entry position :)

I have been attending seen PP VIII and I can say that the line up for next year, from top to bottom, is the best yet!:worship: Since literally every act appeals to me, my biggest problem is when the hell am I going to eat dinner?:loco: I guess I will have to stuff myself at lunch!:headbang:

I think I'm going to start a black market catheter and leg bag business at next year's fest. I imagine DaVinci's owner will be charging $20 a slice by the end of each day. Isn't capitalism great?

IMPORTANT public service announcement!

ProgPower USA tickets will go on sale Tues., Oct. 1, 2013 10am ET

With our Sponsorship Program being at full capacity & also taking into account our current Gold Badge holders/waiting list, there will only be 900 tickets available to the general public.

INTERNATIONAL attendees: tickets will be sold via ticketmaster.com and we STRONGLY advise verifying you are able to utilize their website in your country! We have had several previous attendees inform us they could not purchase tickets at all on their website. You will need to make arrangements prior to Oct. 1 so you do not miss out!!

~Jen

Just out of curiosity, is there a Facebook "banner" pic with the ProgPower XV logo and bands yet? I've had the forthcoming year's banner up ever since Facebook introduced the banner feature, and I'd like to replace the ProgPower XIV one with the latest one when possible...

Just out of curiosity, is there a Facebook "banner" pic with the ProgPower XV logo and bands yet? I've had the forthcoming year's banner up ever since Facebook introduced the banner feature, and I'd like to replace the ProgPower XIV one with the latest one when possible...

No. We do however have the high-rez version of the logo.

Any volunteers to create a facebook cover photo? If so, please email me at jen at progpowerusa dot com. Here are the size requirements from facebook: https://www.facebook.com/help/125379114252045

EDIT: I've had 2 folks contact me - THANK YOU Steph & David!!

~Jen