PPUSA XVII: SOLD-OUT

Hilarious video....anybody else notice that the timing for Nathan's name was pretty close to a word that sounds like Nathan?

Awesome job on the vidya Milt, and awesome job on the fest Glenn.

The "missing out on the Gold badge" comment hit me right in the feels. I too had to pass on it this year. So much sad.

Also, what would Hitlers fav band be? My guess is a reunion is in the works https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holocaust_(band)

Sorry I am late to the party on the congratulations, but was out of town for the last 5 days. Congratulations on the sell-out. Thrilled for all involved, and especially for my newbie non-GB friend that got his ticket (and he was going to wait until Sunday). As Glenn said elsewhere: "the fest is back in a big way". There is no better indication. Is it September yet?

Tickets for Day 1 & 2 (combined) go on sale November 7th. Woot!

Got my tickets(for me and a friend) in that first 30 mins. So stoked. :D :D :D

As for the German metal comment, so many bands i'd love to see...

Blind Guardian is the obvious fanwank on my part, since they're basically my favorite band, but it would be even cooler if Demons & Wizards were grabbed. But so many other great bands.... Gamma Ray, Holy Moses, Grave Digger, Haggard, Paradox, Mekong Delta, At Vance, Brainstorm, Stormwarrior, Mystic Prophecy, Scanner... shit, and these are just the bands that come to mind.

That being said, if Helloween or Edguy are booked - I think i'd be mightily disappointed. Can't stand Edguy/Avantasia, and haven't liked any post-80's Helloween. Orden Ogan and Masterplan are both German as well? Both were pretty underwhelming (IMO) in 2014 live, I must admit.

Or maybe it'll be Primal Fear, Running Wild, Unisonic, Savage Circus, Axxis, or Powerwolf - all bands i'm well aware of but yet to have actually listen to personally? Shit, there's so many German bands out there. So many options!

Just spitballing. Speculation is a lot of fun and i'll be in attendance either way. :)

We will post a sticky thread in a few months. It would not do you any good to post it at the moment. Keep checking back.

Surely there must be at least a handful of people who bought extra tickets just to resell? I could be wrong though.

OH AND ONCE AGAIN, CONGRATS TO GLENN! Can't wait to sell out days 1/2 as well! :D

If it's a German band, I'm hoping for UDO or Primal Fear. Blind Guardian would also be cool, but they're doing a headlining show in Atlanta later this year, and thus I don't see them returning to the US so soon.

Congrats on the record fast sellout! With the Ticketmaster screwup at the onside time, and the fact I had to leave to take my son on a Cub Scout campout at that exact time, and then not being able to buy a ticket on my phone for some reason, I'm lucky that I had a friend help me out and buy a ticket for me. Crisis averted!

We will post a sticky thread in a few months. It would not do you any good to post it at the moment. Keep checking back.

Why? If someone wants to sell me a ticket right now, could I buy it or is it tied to their name or something? Don't want to wait until January when I have an offer now.

Why? If someone wants to sell me a ticket right now, could I buy it or is it tied to their name or something? Don't want to wait until January when I have an offer now.

if you have a line on a ticket, mazel tov. get it. (that isn't snark or sarcasm)

the thread is the official trading post; when people find out they can't go and they don't have someone to immediately buy, Glenn posts a sticky here and the search begins.

Tickets can be sold any time just that its so soon after the tickets went on sale that everyone that purchased them for friends and family are still optimist that they're going to the fest. As time goes by the tickets start freeing up when life happens and people cant go. So if you're looking (like me) you have to be a little patient and also hit up your PP buds online letting them know that you're looking.

Tickets can be sold any time just that its so soon after the tickets went on sale that everyone that purchased them for friends and family are still optimist that they're going to the fest. As time goes by the tickets start freeing up when life happens and people cant go. So if you're looking (like me) you have to be a little patient and also hit up your PP buds online letting them know that you're looking.

Perfect. I appreciate the well thought out post.

Seriously??

Sigh.

I guess he's worried the price will be a lot higher in January. After this year's record 9-hour sellout, I'm confident PP 2017 will sellout even quicker. The festival is now stronger than ever, hence, you snooze, you loose when the tix go on sale from this point forward.

Why are people bashing me when I was just asking a question? I just didn't understand why we were waiting until January...some concert tickets are non transferrable. Thought there may have been a reason.

Sorry I didn't understand how it works...I'll buy my ticket from the guy offering now.

I apologize if I came across as bashing you, that was not my intention. Historically the tickets are snatched up right away and not by people with the intention of selling them. Hence its usually a waiting game to find the tickets.

Sorry I didn't understand how it works...I'll buy my ticket from the guy offering now.

Consider this: You are a festival promoter and have been struggling for a few years with trying to sell out the show that's been going on for a while. Several times, you've put it bluntly that if it doesn't sell out, it's going to close. People rally, the base props you up. Somehow, you keep moving forward with plans through years that feel like your slogging through waist high mud because people are pushing you, helping you, getting you through it.

Suddenly, unexplainably, the pendlum swings back in the other direction, one year sells out when you were really planning on ending it. The next year sells out even quicker. WTF. Year 3 SMASHES all records. After struggling so long, you're back at the top. Things are finally back to normal. Better than normal.

2 days after your monster success, you're like "LOL OK GO AHEAD AND SELL THOSE TICKETS YOU JUST BOUGHT." - first of all, who do you think are the people who dropped $200 on a ticket and then decided 2 days later that just over a year from now, nah, can't go. Do you think it's fans? Or do you think it's scalpers who're trying to capitalize? What do you think is the most obvious?

And if it IS scalpers, what kind of message would you suppose it sends if the fesival promoter opens an official thread for ticket sales 2 days after the fest has a record sellout? It seems to me that it would be kind of encouraging that kind of shitdickery, and taking away the opportunity to buy a ticket to people who actually wanted to come. Now, one can't stop ticket sales outside of one's own kingdom, so you go ahead and buy that ticket, it'll be fine, I'm sure, and no one is going to hate you for it, but this is, IMO, a big, if not the, reason there's not going to be a for sale thread until January.