Pre-party question

prog2112

Feb 11, 2002
Salt Lake City, UT USA
Visit site
I know that this may sound like a complaint so I am pre-apologizing. I feel that this is a valid concern. I thought that the pre-party show was exlusively for gold badge members only? The venue has already been announced, 6 months ahead of time, meaning everyone can make plans to attend the party, gold badge or not. This pretty much guarantees a much higher turn-out than last year. The size of last years show made it a perfect environment to meet all of the bands that attended though it was difficult to talk to them at times over top of the loud live music . I'm concerned that we'll be in a rush to meet all of the bands in 1.5 hours before the droves of other people get to come in. We all know things rarely start on time as well due to misc. cirucumstances, especially those of us who waited 1.5 hours to get into the pre-part show last year and waited 1.5 hours to get into PP2.0 the second night.
The pre-party show was one of the main reasons I and so many other people bought badges 8 months ahead of time, in cash, before ANY of the bands had been announced. W/o the exclusivity of the pre-party show, I'm feeling a little slighted. I'm sorry that this sounds like I'm being self-ish.....I am. I know that there are other perks but NONE of them compared to this particular event. This was our best chance at meeting and having actual conversations with the bands w/o it turning into an "autograph party"

Could someone please give me a valid answer to this question?
Hopefully I didn't "rock the boat".....

Sheri

I have to agree....the idea that the preparty was goldbadge exclusive was the reason I purchased the thing.....i understand that I was extremely lucky and Glenn is extremely generous to make even an offer of getting in early, but in this area I feel a little misinformed....but this by no means tarnishes just how unbelievably awesome the concert will be....I'm not really complaining, I'm just supporting the postee's confusion with a little bit of confusion of my own.

I hope its not a gold badge only thing, because I want to go and I just now have even heard of ProgPower. Didn't Glenn say that the party wasn't affiliated with ProgPower in the information section about it?

Maybe there is another 'secret' pre-party that Glenn hasn't announced yet. But yes, from what I understood, there was supposed to be something exclusive for gold badge customers only. Let's let the man have his say....

Taken from the FAQ section:

Q: What is a Gold Badge and how can I get a Gold Badge?
A: Gold Badges are very advanced ticket sales with several “special” perks not available to the regular ticket holder. At the present time, no badges are available to the public. If some do become available, I will post an update to the ticket information section.

I guess since the pre-party is open to the public, any of you guys with a gold badge may get something else...

A few things...

Go back to my orignal post...

It says "Doors open to Gold Badge members at 7:00pm
It also says "Doors open to the public at 8:30."

You folks have to understand this time that the bands may *NOT* want to hang out all night at the pre-party after flying in from Europe that day and having to be ready for sound checks early on Friday. These bigger type of bands are use to doing signing sessions at records stores for an hour and not hanging out in the bar and being mobbed. You have to understand that a headline or even big name band has a different mentality about dealing with the fans. The hype of the festival and makes things very different this time out. I cannot force the bands to even come at all. Most do so as a gesture of good will towards the fans and out of gratitude to me.

I have done the best I can to reach a compromise with the bands to get them to the party this year. Most, if not all of the bands will *NOT* be staying past the 90 minutes of private time you have with them. There could be exceptions, but I have no control over that.

Now, as for getting in at the pre-party on time, it is a different set of circumstances and a new club. Things should run much smoother and be on time.

As for being late at PP 2.0, I have learned from my mistakes. As I said earlier, you will be getting in 60 minutes before the regular crowd at the festival on both nights. I did the best I could to make the thing run smoothly once the doors were open and I believe I did that. I guess you can't please some people.

Sheri, I have list of people a mile long wanting to purchase Gold Badges and are grateful for just the opportunity to see the festival. I will refund your money and sell your Gold Badges to someone who values what I am able to do for them.

Furthemore, I am disappointed that you chose not to email me and instead post your concerns. I would preferred to kept this "in-house" for the GB members only via the email list and not tell the world about what I am able to do for you as a GB member.

Glenn

Would someone please give Glenn a little credit here. He has busted his ass to make this a premier event that noone else is the states has the balls to do. If you have any suggestions about the pre-party, please send them to me. I will try to accomodate all attendees as best I can, with Glenn's blessings of course.

Where else in the US would you be able to see bands of this caliber? Nowhere. I'll do anything that I can to make everyone happy. GB holders have the right to get in early to meet and greet the bands performing, but this is also a chance to see some up and coming bands of the genre, that I'm sure eveyone will enjoy.

See the event details for my contact info if you have any questions.....

Shane DuBose:confused:

Glenn deserves any and all credit he is given. I was lucky enough to find out about this wonderful concert, and it's the only concert I know of that is worth going to. The $80 price is an extremely small price to pay to make my dreams come true. Thank you Glenn for making this possible.

Maybe I'm a little confused?

I don't think ANYONE has slighted Glenn in anyway and EVERYONE agrees this is the best lineup put together for a concert on US Soil so why the negativity? No one's bashing the bands put together for Prog Power and I haven't seen a negative comment about the lineup for the Pre-event show. Everyones going to have a band they want to see and dont want to see. Personally Shane, I'm excited about the chance to see Z-Lot-Z and who know's maybe Persephone's DReam will blow my socks off Live.

Also, I didn't see any mention of the other "Perks" for GB Members so in Sheri's defense I didn't think she compromised the integrity of the work Glenn has done to put on this show.

Geez, Lighten up everyone!

John

John and everyone else,

I did not see Sheri's post as an attack on me or the festival. She had a valid concern regarding the gold badge status as it relates to the pre-party. I have done my best to explain the situation and I hope that is good enough for folks. I don't mind folks getting spoiled by my treatment in the past. It shows that you had a good time. However, when things do not go exactly as you want them, I would hope for a bit of slack as I think I deserve it.

The only thing that I was disappointed in was her decision to post the question to the public forum instead of the Gold Badge email list. That in no way means I am mad, but I prefer to keep all GB matters 100% out of the public eye.

You folks have no idea just how much of a demand there is for the badges regardless of the pre-party. There is going to be double the amount of people at the venue this time and those early chance to get seats are in high demand.

I would also ask that further posts be stopped that contain any negative comments. If they do, I will delete them.

Glenn

Glenn-

Sir, you may have all the slack you wish. I, for one, couldn't be happier or more appreciative that you have gone to the lengths that you have to create and build this festival, and in turn give this scene a much needed boost (in the U.S.). I'm quite sure that 99% of the people who have attended either of your past two shows share this sentiment. ProgPower 2.0 was the best show I have ever seen (and I've seen quite a few), and one of the most enjoyable weekends I can remember (at least of what I remember).

GZ

Zinescene. I was just taking up for Glenn, because I see first hand what he has to go through to get this festival to go over without a hitch, and he truly tries to make everyone happy. Unfortunately you cannot please everyone. There is plenty of time until the show, so I will work diligently to try to adhere to everyones requests to make it better. Understand that Glenn had nothing to do with the booking of the pre-party show, only ideas and cooperation to make it happen smoothly. I booked the show, and again, with Glenn's blessings, I'll do everything I can to make everyone happy. GB holders do have the right to the perks promised. So I will put my thoughts and ideas together with certain people so we can try to make everyone satisfied. Much depends on the bands ability to attend the pre-party. Most are flying in from Europe, and it will be a rough schedule on them.

I promise we'll do our best. We onlt want the pre-show to be a quality event.

Thanks, and I'm sorry if I offended anyone!!!! Just backing the man who made this happen......

CIAO...Shane

I just want to publically express my apologies to Glenn. I should have posted you privately-my mistake. For all of you people who mistakened my email as an attack on Glenn and PP3.0 you grossly misinterpreted my post- easily understood. I had such a great time last year and as I've said in previous posts know with certainty that this year will be great, possilby even better.
Glenn has done a tremendous job and I know I couldn't do it any better...if at all. I have no intention of selling my gold badge or missing out on an opportunity of purchasing one for next year....I've already made my plans to attend 4.0 as I know many others have too.
Again, I am sorry for not emailing you directly Glenn. If I have any other concerns I will contact you. Let's just end this thread on a good note and move on...the last thing I want to be known as is the b&%*$ of ProgPower!!

Sincerely,

Sheri

I remember you now Sheri, and by no means are a b****h!!! i think you are a very kind person. One of the many that I bonded with the most last year. And again, K%, I will work diligently on placing them in one of the best slots in next years pre-party.!!!!! Again I think we're staying at the same hotel as last year, and let's make it a blast!!!!!!!!!!!

Shane