Pre Show Party

zinescene

Feb 11, 2002
Michigan
www.myspace.com
Has there been any word on whose playing the Pre-show party? I'd like to put my vote in for Katagory V from Salt Lake City and Breaker from Cleveland. I'm sure Dustin and I know Bill would be very interested in playing the show and I'd love seeing both those bands on the stage that night. It would be a great opportunity for some young and some established talent from the US to showcase themselves.

John Ridge
Underground Zine Scene

Geez, which one was that! It could have one of several (lol). It would be nice if we'd have a say in who plays but I'm sure that's beyond our control.

Anybody else got any idea's for bands from the US that they'd recommend for the pre-show party?

John

1. The pre-show party is for Gold Badge members only.

2. I am not booking the party. There are a few bands that are taking it upon themselves to book a show and are taking the finanical risks that goes along with it. If they convince me of the legitimacy of the gig, then I will take the GB holders there. Otherwise, I have a back up plan that will not be advertised to the public.

Gold Badges will be checked at the door this year for any pre-party event regardless of who books it.

Glenn

OK, I can officially change my login name to Shit-For-Brains because I think you've told us that about three times now but for whatever reason I can never remember.

I'm planning on going regardless of who'se playing cause it's a good time not to mention another excuse to drink beer. (Not that I ever needed any)

John

Originally posted by Harvester
1. The pre-show party is for Gold Badge members only.

2. I am not booking the party. There are a few bands that are taking it upon themselves to book a show and are taking the finanical risks that goes along with it. If they convince me of the legitimacy of the gig, then I will take the GB holders there. Otherwise, I have a back up plan that will not be advertised to the public

Glenn

I'd Also like to add here just for you guys to know....

3. The band(s) that are putting this together have been notified of KATAGORY V's intertest, but already have a line up planned for THEIR pre-show....and have put KATAGORY V as a back up as far as we know. I seriusly doubt that KATAGORY V will be invited. But this is all irrellivant if glenn desn't give this his blessing.......

4. If he DOES NOT plan on having the Gold Badge party where these bands are planning THEIR version of the pre-party, KATAGORY V will NOT be playing this event even if they are INVITED by the other bands putting this together. It is an expense that this band cannot afford. especially if everyone who likes KATAGORY V or any other band planning this event is somewhere else entirely that night!

5. if Glenn DOES indeed go for this thing.......AND KATAGORY V is invited the other bands........then there is a possiblity.

Regardless.....I will be there as a spectator :D
and I will be partying my ass off with all of you metal freaks!!!!

Dustin