Pre-Party and Nightwish Show information

That does indeed sound awesome! Glenn, you da man. (like he doesn't hear that all the time.:))

Quite frankly, tho I've certainly enjoyed the previous pre-show parties, I gotta say I'm actually looking forward to something a little more low-key. We'll get back on track next year, I'm sure.

Shaye

Lilitu are an Atlanta band... but I dont know if theyll be opening up for the Nightwish show or not. They would be a feasible group to get for the preparty and prolly wouldnt cost an arm or a leg.

Ben

Daybreaker said:
Lilitu are an Atlanta band... but I dont know if theyll be opening up for the Nightwish show or not. They would be a feasible group to get for the preparty and prolly wouldnt cost an arm or a leg.

Ben

Looking forward to seeing them at the Northern Lights Fest in Toronto July 2...
:headbang:

I have no doubt that some local bands would be glad to play the show for free, or maybe a beer and a plate of fries. (I know of one band that definitely would, and they have a decent shredder on guitar.)

But.....an acoustic show sounds kewl. If Orphaned Land is in town for the pre-party, we could all bring some drums* and have a drum-circle. The ladies could dance along, seeing as Thursday is NOT Corset Day....... :D :D

-=-=-=-=-
* I've got a few djembes and doumbeks here that will have nothing better to do that night.... heh

Harvester said:
I'm working on karoke, open mic night, and a possible acoustic performance. There is nothing set in stone.

Glenn H.

Hey I am all for that. I think a mellow acoustic jam would be great for the pre-party. I have an acoustic-electric and can do some tunes. My poor natural vocal range (baritone voice) keeps me from doing much "metal ballads" but I can whip out some 70's rock and Southern Rock. Besides..... if I go ahead and do some Skynyrd, it will keep the locals at PPVI from yelling out "Freebird !!" when Manticora takes the stage. :loco:

Ready for a jam session Darg ? Ha ha ha j/k

Bryant

Bryant said:
Hey I am all for that. I think a mellow acoustic jam would be great for the pre-party. I have an acoustic-electric and can do some tunes. My poor natural vocal range (baritone voice) keeps me from doing much "metal ballads" but I can whip out some 70's rock and Southern Rock. Besides..... if I go ahead and do some Skynyrd, it will keep the locals at PPVI from yelling out "Freebird !!" when Manticora takes the stage. :loco:

Ready for a jam session Darg ? Ha ha ha j/k

Bryant

Hell Yeah, I will bring my mexican strat, I don't want to bring the Ibanez. I might just bring my Line 6 spider, I love that amp.

dargormudshark said:
does this mean, some of the bands might possibly do an acoustic performance? or the fans

Honestly, I don't know. I need to finish the lineup before I worry about it.

Credit to Brave Words Fest & Mark Gromen for the idea though.

Glenn H.

Pellaz said:
Power-metal karaoke. :)

Well, since Glenn will once again control the PA, the pre-party could well end up being a pretty kewl drunken singalong, with the right song-choices. :D

I think it should be like an Oktoberfest, and we can sing German drinking songs.

I've already got 3/4 of my band intending to come to ProgPower this year. It wouldn't take much to convince my lead guitarist to come along for a heavy metal vacation, rent a U-Haul trailer and bring all our gear, and play the pre-party for free! Just ask Tammy... she knows how much ass we kicked last Friday!

:headbang:

I think it would be cool if there was some gear set up (drums, guitars, amps and such) and we could take turns jamming on some tunes. How much fun would that be? Especially as the night goes on and we all drink more!

Put me down for playing some Priest and Maiden tunes if anyone else likes this idea...

dt

Meteornotes said:
I think it would be cool if there was some gear set up (drums, guitars, amps and such) and we could take turns jamming on some tunes. How much fun would that be? Especially as the night goes on and we all drink more!

Put me down for playing some Priest and Maiden tunes if anyone else likes this idea...

dt

/me starts practicing Rime of the Ancient Mariner :headbang:

Shaye

(I suck, though, so don't get your hopes up ;))