Nightwish vs. the pre-party...Part II

Are you serious!? Awesome, there is a God. I was just hopeing it wasn't 18(+) ya' know? I'm seventeen, I turn eighteen the month after PP so it would be a bummer to miss the pre-party if Nightwish in fact cancels (if they haven't already.) A couple of my friends have been to PP4 and PP5 and I've somehow managed to miss it, so it will be cool to actually get to experience the best damn music on the planet once and for all. I've never really seen any Prog bands live.. closest I've come is Maiden.

The NYC BB Kings NIghtwish/Sonata Arctica date is officially cancelled as of tdoay. There are still 7 or 8 dates listed on the Ticket Master website but I think they are all cancelled too especially when two of the shows still listed on the site are May 2005 dates. I think its safe to say that the entire tour is cancelled.

I'm not upset about this though. It puts more money back into my pocket. It would have been great to see but I saw Nightwish last August at BB Kings so it is not like I have never seen them. Plus Sonata Arctica is still touring here in April and I will see them open for Overkill at BB Kings in NYC. Too bad I won't see them doing a headlining set but the boys will be back.

Yeah, last I heard SUNCAGED had filled out thteir roster again - puleeeeeeeese, they would be awesome for the preparty - i was so looking forward to seeing them last year and was crushed when they couldn't make it....

You know, Ticketbastard shoots and scores again. You gotta love the scam - $3.50, you have to eat for your cancelled show and you think, 'Well its not the total service charge so 3.25 is not that bad I guess.' Just to throw some numbers out (completely guessing off the top of my head - just to get ballpark idea), say they had 15 shows lined up, say an average of 150 people attending. They keep the $3.25 for their 'trouble' and wind up with just short of an easy $7,400 in their pocket... not too bad..... :err: :bah: