Pre-Party and Nightwish Show information

Definitly heading to the pre-party...how often do you get a chance to take photos w/ band members that have never been out here and might not come back again??? I live in L.A. and nightwish comes out here frequently so its no biggie

BDgolfer said:
...I live in L.A. and nightwish comes out here frequently so its no biggie
Wow, never thought I'd read a statement like that in the USA. What a difference the last couple of years has made, definitely in big part because of the buzz caused by Glenn's PP shows. Hope in a couple more years all USA fans can be able to say that the overseas prog/power bands play their areas frequently!!! :headbang:

Is there any chance you could get local bands cheap, so that going head-to-head with Nightwish wouldn't carry much financial risk? I just can't get excited about going to a bar and having a few beers, if there's no live music. I'm a metalhead first and an alcoholic second. ;)

I can't help but think that maybe some local bands could take advantage of the Nightwish conflict as an opportunity. While I understand that Nightwish will definitely draw away some of the PP crowd, for a variety of reasons (Masquerade's location being slightly inconvenient for people who hadn't intended to rent a car, the desire to meet the bands at the Pre-party, and the fact that some visitors will already be seeing Nightwish in their home towns) they aren't going to draw *everyone*. If I were in an Atlanta band, I would be itching for the chance to get a chance to perform in front of some ProgPower visitors, even if it meant I wouldn't be able to ask for much money. Just a thought.

I missed the PP5 preparty (damn Ivan) but I had a blast at the PP4 one, even though I didn't know anything about the bands ahead of time. Seeing mystery bands is fun, and saying it'll be small might be a self-fulfiling prophecy. If you book some bands (just do it really cheap!) some of us will come.

Glenn what we need is some of the girls from Cheetahs to go to Vinyls and party with everyone and maybe do a bit of a show as well, maybe some of the rocker ladies can come on down!!! You can do it!!!! :headbang:

Bear

Power-metal karaoke. :)

Well, since Glenn will once again control the PA, the pre-party could well end up being a pretty kewl drunken singalong, with the right song-choices. :D

I'm disappointed that there won't be a 'real' pre-party this year (with bands and such), although after the NW Atlanta date was rescheduled, I had a feeling there might be Issues. Kudos to Glenn for looking into the possibilities and going above and beyond for us. It was, IMO, the right thing to do.

Since I won't be able to see NW here I will probably hit the preparty first and then head to the NW show ... I'm sure it's been posted somewhere else but how far away is the Masquerade from EL?

BGTess: About 3 miles. Or in Georgia terms (we do things in time): about 8-10 minutes.

I bought Nightwish tickets already (in hopes that another really cool band is opening) but if there is a MAJOR band that I want to see/meet I'll also be swinging by Vinyl early. I'll have to see who the other bands are.

Heavenly Call said:
BGTess: About 3 miles. Or in Georgia terms (we do things in time): about 8-10 minutes.

I bought Nightwish tickets already (in hopes that another really cool band is opening) but if there is a MAJOR band that I want to see/meet I'll also be swinging by Vinyl early. I'll have to see who the other bands are.

Oh, real close. Awesome! Thanks.

It'll be Vinyl's for me, too, as I'm no fan of Nightwish.

See you all there!

And thanks for your efforts, Glenn! You can never know how much we appreciate what you do.

But we'll try to tell you anyway...... :headbang: :worship:

I was really looking forward to seeing some bands at the kick-off party! It's a shame that the circumstances are what they are. However, I'm with those who want an open mic/karaoke night. It would be a hell of a time, and it would be nice to hear the kind of music that we like sung by the average joes or janes in the audience for a change. On a final note, Glenn, if you do change your mind, I can get you a really good band for the night, and they wouldn't drain your pocket. I'll e-mail you about it.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Met-Al

sloppy said:
Is there any chance you could get local bands cheap, so that going head-to-head with Nightwish wouldn't carry much financial risk? I just can't get excited about going to a bar and having a few beers, if there's no live music. I'm a metalhead first and an alcoholic second. ;)

I can't help but think that maybe some local bands could take advantage of the Nightwish conflict as an opportunity. While I understand that Nightwish will definitely draw away some of the PP crowd, for a variety of reasons (Masquerade's location being slightly inconvenient for people who hadn't intended to rent a car, the desire to meet the bands at the Pre-party, and the fact that some visitors will already be seeing Nightwish in their home towns) they aren't going to draw *everyone*. If I were in an Atlanta band, I would be itching for the chance to get a chance to perform in front of some ProgPower visitors, even if it meant I wouldn't be able to ask for much money. Just a thought.

I couldn't agree More with this. I'd like to see some local talent there's gotta be some. I mean I'm looking at this go down, and it seems Nightwish is bringing a tradition to a screeching hault. That's just wrong, they're not that great. There deffinetly has to be some hungry bands out there in Atlanta. I feel that NW playing on pre party night should not have this kind of impact. So All One can do is hope at this point for some local talent, and an excellent evening. I will be at the Vynil :headbang: