Prettiest Women at PP5

MetalRose said:
Tammy-

3M makes this GREAT adhesive foam. It's about 1/3 -1/4 inch thick at most. On my old corset, I taped the inside of it with this foam where the boning was. It was nice and cozy! I have no idea if they make it anymore, but I can check!

-MetalRose
Oh great idea!! I never thought of adding padding like that! I'll totally check into that!

Tammy Z

freakchylde said:
they make them in waist sizes, so you'd have to decide what waist size you want. I've got a 26 inch, normally, but i usually crank down to a 20. One thing you want to remember, when looking, is you don't want to have the corset closed in back, you want about an inch open at the waist.

http://www.nightshadecorsets.com/
this is a good site, I have a couple of corsets by her, and she just rocks. If you have questions regarding the notsowellendowed, she can suggest corset styles that will work for you, just have to email her. As one of the notsowellendowed, I'd suggest a victorian (comes up higher than an edwardian) or just a waist cincher (allows for the lovely vicki to work her stuff). Oh yeah, please keep in mind, her prices, if she doesn't have them in american dollars, are in canadian dollars.

kewl website...thanx :)
i really like the 'jacqueline' style...and of course i choose an expensive one, i do have the knack for that...

freakchylde said:

My friend Nadine just ordered one from there a couple of weeks ago (the Theodora, iirc). *I* want that dark red velvet skirt, dammit. That's just *made* for girls with butts.

I was thinking about going with something underbust for the next one, if I can find a suitable top to go with one. Simple black/buckles + snazzy colourful shirt would be neat.

freakchylde said:
It depends on how it's laced up, and where you're placing your waist.

Could be cheap boning, too; I have one that got a little bent out of shape when I loaned it to a friend and someone laced it too tightly for the type of boning it had, so it started to dig into her waist a few hours down the road.

If it doesn't have boning, what's the point? :D

An issue with Hot Topic (and Fredericks) corsets is that they use cheap material. A friend of mine had one from there, and the fabric tore at the seams. Good corsets will support most any body size, even the generously plump, provided you get something with the proper measurements, and they will NOT rip even when you're laced nice and tight.

If you're just going for the look without the squeeze, it doesn't matter what you get, but if you really want to get strapped down, it's worth the extra money to get it done right. You don't have to spend $250 for a customized corset; I found one for $80ish that has held up very nicely.

I was just saying that for those who can't afford expensive corsets or don't want boning or aren't quite well-endowed. I can also recommend a guy that I go to that makes my leather and suede ones custom and he only charges $110 for the basic ones (like the white leather one I wore on Saturday at ProgPower) and a little higher (highest is $160) for the more complicated ones. I'll post a picture of one of those later. Unfortunately I will not be able to buy any more from him for a long time as I am in a bad situation now, but I do own 4 of them made by him. He makes custom leather pants, skirts, dusters, gauntlets, etc as well.

Squeak said:
Hot Topic has a wide variety of not-as-expensive corsets in XS. And also, a few of them come with no boning. :) I got a lot of them there when I was an XS in the waist.
The corset-top I got from them a while back (you may have seen me wearing it Friday night at PP w/ vinyl pants) is an XS, and almost not small enough for me, and I have taken to wearing medium shirts the past few years. IOW, I would make sure I tried it on, if anyone's thinking of ordering one from ht online. I'm not huge, but I am about a 34"-35" bust with probably close to a 30" waist, and it really gives me no cinching whatsoever, tho it does wonders for my cleavage. I usually wear it laced very loosely at the top b/c otherwise it's nearly obscene. :)

But for someone who didn't want to spend a ton of money at the time, it was a good middle-of-the-road solution. I have been looking into getting a "real" one now that I've lost that pesky 15 pounds, though. :) I really appreciate all the links and other info that's been in this thread.

jaimek said:
If you're just going for the look without the squeeze, it doesn't matter what you get, but if you really want to get strapped down, it's worth the extra money to get it done right. You don't have to spend $250 for a customized corset; I found one for $80ish that has held up very nicely.
Really?? Where was that?

I got my black one at heavyred.com - I can't tell you how long I looked to find something SIMPLE (that I liked) that didn't cost a fortune. I look silly with the more outlandish trappings you find on a lot of goth clothing sites, so this was a happy find on my part.

I have a second corset, a strapless purplish red with black embroidery that I got at Lane Bryant of all places... it was $20 on a clearance rack outside a store in the mall. (I've found some of my favorite clothing items totally off the cuff on random clearance racks.) That's the one with the really cheap boning, but it does the job; I can wear it either by itself, or with a fitted longsleeve white shirt that's open past the neckline of the corset.

Funny thread, but what about SEXY GUYS? we need some new thread about them!

bassbitch said:
Bryant,

You know...that stuff in your size is probably pretty easy to find in West Hollywood...

Look at what the corset did for Tim Currry!

hahahhahaha...

Hmmmm........ remind me to stay out of West Hollywood. I'll stick with L.A. (lower Alabama) :loco: Trust me... no one wants to see these legs in a short skirt and high heels.

bryant

I'm in California next to Norm and Bear. But here is the link to the guy's website:

http://www.ravenswoodleather.com/

Tell him I sent ya. LOL Well, describe me anyway, that'll work. I like to go through him because his work is awesome and he can make two-colored corsets and I'm a bunch bigger on the top than in my waist so I can never really find one that fits right totally. Plus the length between my shoulder and armpit is shorter than most.

All this talk of corsets has me curious, since I've never worn one..what kind of bottoms would look good w/ a corset?? Has anyone tried jeans to kinda dress it down a little?? That seems like it would look cute.. :D

Shadow_Angel said:
All this talk of corsets has me curious, since I've never worn one..what kind of bottoms would look good w/ a corset?? Has anyone tried jeans to kinda dress it down a little?? That seems like it would look cute.. :D

Not sure about jeans. Avril Levigne did a nice spread with a pair of raver bottoms, though I guess it depends on the corset. I have a pin-stripe waist cincher that I wear with my business slacks and a pair of heels. It works. Best bet is to play around ahead of time and make sure it matches. Best bet would probably be a corset that stops above the hips with low slung pants.

@ Shadow - yes, I've worn most of my corsets with jeans as well, although I like to also wear them with black stretchy knit pants or dickie's black pants. I have corsets made of a lot of different materials and they all look fine with jeans or skirts or whatever. BUT I will not wear them with black denim jeans as that doesn't look right. Mostly, my denim blue jeans are strechy kind anyway.

Squeak said:
Norm is right outside of San Francisco.... Bear is about 20 minutes south of San Francisco, I'm an hour south of San Francisco, next to San Jose.... this is all times WITHOUT traffic of course! LOL

...o, ok, i have never been that far north...i grew up in the L.A. area...(san fernando valley)...only been up north as far as carmel & monterey...