PRIMAL FEAR : 2014 North American tour

Dude, you can't base things purely off what people say on a select few metal boards. Sure there might be some with the guitar hero thing, but you're merely assuming here...

Once again, as you need clarification yourself........

I never said that PF sold more or less than DF did.

That's what YOU read into what I said.

I said the DF went more under the radar than the PF did, which is what I believe.

The DF, though sold more units being a more commercial release, in the metal community receive VERY little fanfare whatsoever.

I never stated anything about number of sales.

Once again, as you need clarification yourself........

I never said that PF sold more or less than DF did.

That's what YOU read into what I said.

I said the DF went more under the radar than the PF did, which is what I believe.

The DF, though sold more units being a more commercial release, in the metal community receive VERY little fanfare whatsoever.

I never stated anything about number of sales.

And Primal Fear probably receives even less. I at least remember when the last Dragonforce came out and some were talking about it. Primal Fear I didn't hear much at all.

Wait what???????????????????

You are acting like its a secret that bands buy-on to get on tours.

You took my comment WAY too personal.
I never stated that you yourself had done it.

Just stated that this tour would not be one worthy of a buy-on.

It was my general opinion after reading what I thought was you trying to calculate what the draw for this tour would be in a given city.

Seriousy......... that would be like me getting offended if you said, "Hey did Ancient Dreams have to pay to play to get on the Helloween show"??????

It's part of the business..............

I am not trying to hide the fact that this is common practice. In case, it's one of the first things I tell my bands when I start working with them.

"Keep in mind this exists, so if the opportunity presents itself in that shape, don't feel offended. It's normal."

I just wonder if it crossed your mind that I could have had the opportunity to put a band on that tour in a slot that *pays* the band instead of having to do a buy on. That's all.

I have done it before - every agent has, and whoever tells you they haven't is lying to you. I just don't want people to think that we only get bands on tour through buy ons, because that's very far from the truth.

Funny-gif-Steve-Carell-The-Office-no-no.gif

I have done it before - every agent has, and whoever tells you they haven't is lying to you. I just don't want people to think that we only get bands on tour through buy ons, because that's very far from the truth.

Well, you hit the nail on the head.
A lot of agents do it.
Most fans can figure out when it is done as well. Let's be realistic.

Honestly, who cares what people think!

You are in the game to promote bands you believe in.
Whatever it takes to do it, you do it for what you believe to better the band.

Same goes for bands with Pay to Play, or who sell advance tix, etc...

You gotta do what you think is best for you.

Hi Jasonic you are no longer permitted to use the Internet under violation #273 of the Federal Internet Education Act : being wrong too many times on an Internet forum. Please turn off your computer and all devices and hand them to your local internet police organization.

Hi Jasonic you are no longer permitted to use the Internet under violation #273 of the Federal Internet Education Act : being wrong too many times on an Internet forum. Please turn off your computer and all devices and hand them to your local internet police organization.

ROFLMAO.

Ha! Well you show me where I am incorrect oh wise one.......

Sure, DF may have sold more units, but that's basically based on Guitar Hero bandwagonners that hadn't yet gone away.....

Dragonforce sold out the Masquerade in Atlanta on an Ozzfest offdate before the 3rd album and before Guitar Hero. Maybe 3%, probably being generous, of Metal tours that come through here do that.

Their third album was out before Ozzfest.
That was at the height of Guitar Hero dude.

The version of Guitar Hero with Dragonforce came out AFTER Ozzfest 2006. Turn off your computer and devices already. You're never right about anything. Just deal with it.

Their third album was out before Ozzfest.
That was at the height of Guitar Hero dude.

Partially right. My memory was off and yeah, they were here, and sold out the 1k person club, after the 3rd record was released.

Guitar Hero 3 didn't come out for another year.

Jason... he's right.

You talk a lot of music industry nonsense in these parts, and even when you have people calling you out on it (including people who generally are involved deeper in this industry than you are), you continue to defend your statements and that you're right and everyone else is wrong. Dude, you know less than you think you do. You know, it's ok to admit that you're wrong every now and then. People won't think less of you because of it.

Aeonic can come across like a big douche sometimes, but doesn't change the fact that he knows his shit more than you do. Now I know this doesn't do your ego any good, but it is what it is.

First off, no ego whatsoever. Sorry. 100% wrong there......

Second, and now for the 4th time, I NEVER claimed # of actual album sales.
I hold firm that the last DF went extremely under the radar.
6000 units for DF is absolutely squat for a band of their fame up to that point.
So yeah, in smaller underground circles, it got VERY little coverage, and to my point, maybe less than PF.

I admit I was obviously wrong about the timing of when Guitar Hero 3 came out.

I don't mean to get in a pissing match here, but you seem to be offended that I suggested that you "might" do a buy on.
I still see no reason whatsoever how you could be offended by that.

There are FAR larger bands than anyone who work with who have done buy ons.

Just part of the game.

I'm not offended about that my friend, but I found it was ok to be clear about the fact that I don't just do buy ons. I did that yesterday and that was the end of that "topic" yesterday. I really am talking about the big picture now. I don't understand how sometimes you still argue with people who evidently know more about certain things than you. That's all. :)