Progpower IX prediction

The top four bands, Headliners and Co-Headliners in no particular order that I would love to see

Iced Earth
Therion
Tarot
Brainstorm

or a couple alternate scenarios

Savatage
Nightwish
Rhapsody
Morgana Lefay

Queensryche
Jag Panzer
Helloween
Gamma Ray

then a few other choices I would love to see added into the festival

Demons and Wizards
Heimdall
Outworld
Apocalyptica
Halcyon Way (Im serious they deserve a first or second slot damnit. heh or at least the showcase)
Eidolon
Pyramaze
Vainglory (another showcase or first/second slot)
Adagio
Wuthering Heights
Xandria
Dark Empire
Mevyn

and I could think of a lot more, but thats all I have for now that I'd really like to see next year.

OK;

Forget Nightwish and Within Temptation. As long as they are with Roadrunner, I doubt that Roadrunner will let them preach to the converted. Let's face it, RIGHTLY or WRONGLY, and if I offend someone, I apologize beforehand, ProgPower is considered in "Industry Insider" festival. In the eyes of Roadrunner (Which is now part of Warner Music), many of you already know both bands, and their is little reason for Roadrunner to market them live to you. Furthermore, and please correct me if I am wrong, I do not believe that ANY Roadrunner act has ever played PP USA. Again, correct me if I am wrong.

After pondering what Glenn might do, I believe he is going to go the "create a headliner" route. Savatage will not happen, as much as I would like for it to become a reality. I do not think there is an incentive for this to happen.

I believe that people have a point with Pyramaze. But, do they have enough material to be a headliner? Barlow or no Barlow, I doubt it. I do believe that there will be a surprise in this mix. I believe Glenn will bring in Andre Matos and his solo project. I also see Jacob's Ladder and Brooklyn's own Zandelle in PPIX as 1's or 2's. But, I do believe one of your headliners will be Angra. So, if their is any type of a reunion (which I highly doubt, even though I think both sides will play the festival) it will involve Angra.

I believe their will be one rabbit pulled out of the hat. And it will be a biggie. However, it may piss people off:

That rabbit will be Argentina's Beto Vasquez Infinity with special guest vocalist Tarja Turunen.

Now, bedtime.

Peace,
Ray C.

I think if Rhapsody was a headliner, they would play for like 4 hrs, and that would make me very happy. I heard they cost alot which is a shame though..

OK;

Forget Nightwish and Within Temptation. As long as they are with Roadrunner, I doubt that Roadrunner will let them preach to the converted. Let's face it, RIGHTLY or WRONGLY, and if I offend someone, I apologize beforehand, ProgPower is considered in "Industry Insider" festival. In the eyes of Roadrunner (Which is now part of Warner Music), many of you already know both bands, and their is little reason for Roadrunner to market them live to you. Furthermore, and please correct me if I am wrong, I do not believe that ANY Roadrunner act has ever played PP USA. Again, correct me if I am wrong.

After pondering what Glenn might do, I believe he is going to go the "create a headliner" route. Savatage will not happen, as much as I would like for it to become a reality. I do not think there is an incentive for this to happen.

I believe that people have a point with Pyramaze. But, do they have enough material to be a headliner? Barlow or no Barlow, I doubt it. I do believe that there will be a surprise in this mix. I believe Glenn will bring in Andre Matos and his solo project. I also see Jacob's Ladder and Brooklyn's own Zandelle in PPIX as 1's or 2's. But, I do believe one of your headliners will be Angra. So, if their is any type of a reunion (which I highly doubt, even though I think both sides will play the festival) it will involve Angra.

I believe their will be one rabbit pulled out of the hat. And it will be a biggie. However, it may piss people off:

That rabbit will be Argentina's Beto Vasquez Infinity with special guest vocalist Tarja Turunen.

Now, bedtime.

Peace,
Ray C.

Agreed on the Roadrunner.

Partially agree on the Savatage thing, its still a possibility no matter how u look at it, but will it happen who knows.

I dont think people were referring to Pyramaze as a headliner I believe they should be no higher than a 3.

It's really hard to say. With a number of the big bands releasing albums this year prior to PPVIII, Glenn may skip them over for bands releasing albums in the last quarter of 2007 or 2008. I'd love for Therion to headline but by then it'll be about 20 months since they released Gothic Kaballah and they're touring the US soon. We've also got Kamelot, Edguy, Symphony X, Epica, Nightwish & a bunch of others touring this Aug/Sept/Oct. Rumours that Within Temptation might be back sometime soon, too.
I think Pyramaze may be a given but they'll probably get something like a 3rd spot even with Barlow at the helm.
I'd personally love to see someone like Diablo Swing Orchestra or To-Mera brought over for either an opener (DSO) or a 2nd slot (To-Mera who should have released their 2nd album by then). Haggard and Fairyland are also bands I'd really love to see.

I just hope that Pharaoh and Hammers of Misfortune get a chance. Two bands releasing some of the best material as of late.

Would love to see a full on SAVATAGE show taking up the last two slots on Saturday. To be filmed for DVD release of course... Wishful thinking.

If not, I can see Iced Earth making their ProgPower debut.

As for returning bands... Symphony X (it's been a while), and possibly Edguy.