ProgPower USA V: Special Guest

Harvester

The Promoter
Sep 16, 2001
www.progpowerusa.com
For Immediate Release:
June 22, 2004

Special Guest Atlanta Prog Power V: Timo Kotipelto

Century Media is proud to announce that ProgPower USA V’s Special Guest will be Timo Kotipelto (Kotipelto, Stratovarius). Kotipelto, whose new album Coldness was released in early 2004 by Century Media Records, will be signing autographs, hosting a meet and greet, and will also be attending the ProgPower pre-Party on September 16th. Excited to be included in the festivities Timo said, “I have heard a lot about ProgPower USA, as some of my friends have played this festival. They have told me about the great atmosphere and the cool crowd. I’ve never been to the U.S. before so I am really looking forward to seeing the bands and meeting a lot of fans. See ya there! Rock on!”

The festivals promoter Glenn Harveston is thrilled that Kotipelto will be a part of ProgPower USA V, and says, "It's an honor to finally get Timo over here. Hopefully we will be able to convince him to come back in a performing manner next time. Special thanks to Century Media for stepping up to the plate and making a great event even better."

As ProgPower’s Special Guest, Kotipelto follows in the footsteps of Fates Warning’s Ray Alder 2001, Iced Earth’s John Schaffer 2002 and Savatage’s Jon Oliva 2003.

Hey Alicia, can I borrow a pair of footie scrubs for the weekend? There's gonna be fanboy spooge everywhere!

:p

Harvester said:
As ProgPower’s Special Guest, Kotipelto follows in the footsteps of Fates Warning’s Ray Alder 2001, Iced Earth’s John Schaffer 2002 and Savatage’s Jon Oliva 2003.
I didn't know that Ray Alder was at ProgPower II as well as ProgPower IV. I thought DC Cooper was the special guest at ProgPower II.

Ryan

Hey, this is great news! Pardon my confusion, but when and where will he be hosting a meet and greet and doing the signing? Will that be AT the pre-party show or at Earthlink?

I'd love to get him to sign my Strato shirt from the May show at Tavastia in Helsinki. What the hell works on a black shirt? Some metal-head here must know.

... now if it was Tolkki, I'd REALLY be kicking myself about moving from Atlanta before the show. :)

Still, this just makes the show firster class than it already was, so it'll just be that much sweeter when Wuthering Heights steals it!

Emerald Sword said:
The news couldn't have been better. Hopefully this lays the foundation for a STRATOVARIUS reunion and a headlining appearance at PPVI! One can only hope!

Or even better - a performance by Kotipelto with his full band lineup (Romeo, Wirman, Mirka, Kainulainen).

AMBR said:
I'd love to get him to sign my Strato shirt from the May show at Tavastia in Helsinki. What the hell works on a black shirt? Some metal-head here must know.
Silver paint pen will work...will have to be very deliberate in signing, but it will work..

Rock on!

Se7enChurches said:
I didn't know that Ray Alder was at ProgPower II as well as ProgPower IV. I thought DC Cooper was the special guest at ProgPower II.

Ryan

I don't know how you could not know that. I basically followed the guy around all weekend while I drooled into a bucket. I'm surprised it didn't result in a restraining order (rotfl)

BABS

All you Stratovarius fans will be happy to meet Timo, it was really cool for me to meet both Timo's at the Wacken Open Air festival in Germany last year where they performed their last show before everything fell apart. Kotipelto is a nice guy, as is Tolkki, real easy people to talk to and were happy to take a couple pictures with me and sign some stuff. Check out some great pics from the festival at www.thatssometal.com , go to the From the Stage page.