Stratovarius at Progpower 6?

Nov 12, 2002
www.metalasylum.net
I'm sure the demand for Stratovarius to come to the states is great, and I bet with some help from the fans it might motivate Timo Tolkki to at least make a special trip here for ProgPower next year.
What are your thoughts everyone?

Also, check www.thatssometal.com for a recent interview with Kotipelto.

Depends on whether they get back together, and if they don't, will Tolkki form a band without Kotipelto? And will it be any good? The last thing Glenn would probably want is a disappointing major act in disarray.

It is going to take a lotttt to get that band back together. Tolkki has a lot of personal healing to do and only after that, would be the healing between him and Kotipelto/rest of the band. I don't see that happening for a while if ever, my 2¢.

Oh Glenn...PPPLEASE..try and get Kotipelto next year! :worship: LOVE to hear that man's voice!- what a treat this year to have shaken his hand in appreciation,let alone hear him guest w/ Edguy!

From what Kotipelto said when I spoke to him at PP V, I would say that a Stratovarius reunion will happen about the twelfth of never. He's willing to talk, but Tolkki evidently has taken to isolating himself from everything and hasn't talked with anyone in weeks.

I agree with Deron; there's going to have to be an awful lot of stuff happenin' before Strato gets back together, and it'd be fragile for a long time. I think Glenn would do better to avoid them, although I was one of the ones crying loudest to bring them over for a long time.

cheers,
Phil

It's a bloody f*&%ing shame what happened within that band. We all need to hope that this kind of thing doesn't happen to other bands of similar calibre. I don't care about which side was right or wrong, the fact is we lost an incredible metal band that was setting new trends for power metal all over the world. I would give anything to see them get back together, but I agree with most of you that it is probably not going to happen and if it does, it won't be in this lifetime.

SwordLord said:
I don't care about which side was right or wrong, the fact is we lost an incredible metal band that was setting new trends for power metal all over the world.

Older Strato was good, but c'mon, setting new trends? They're still regurgitating the same happy metal sound Helloween started in the 80s, only with LESS balls. If you wanna talk about a powermetal band that has set new trends in powermetal, we'll talk about Blind Guardian.

I have to aggree with Matt on that... Stratovarius never really set any new trends on Power Metal... Blind Guardian surely did, as well as Angra... and by the way, seeing these two bands at Progpower next year would fucking rule!

Though I still hope to see a Strato reunion....

Well, Stratovarius didn't so much set new trends as they refined a great sound into something fresh and spawned a zillion copycats, some of whom in turn have further refined the sound(like Sonata Arctica) and spawned copycats of their own.