ProgPower USA VIII: Special Wednesday Night "Mystery" Show

Sorry.

What I can confirm is this:

a. Some will think this is better than anything going on at the festival. I have a friend flying in from California for this. He had no plans to attend the festival otherwise.

b. Some will think this is rather cool and they will enjoy it. It will be well worth the $15.

c. Some will say "bah, that sucks and I'm glad I'm not going."

d. Some will be really pissed that they cannot attend.

Of sure tell your friends, but not us. Any chance the gold badges could find out the day before or something like that? Sorry if I am getting pushy or anything if I am just tell me I wont be offended.

So a band worth flying from Cali to see would definately not be touring this year as most bands anyone would want to see will have a stop at the Key Club most likely. Then it's not a big big band since it's a small venue, but thats still in never say never territory.

Yeah, I got nothing. If I had to guess without checking tour schedules Mercenary, Hammerfall or Labyrinth. I don't think it will be a Prog band.

Now that I said Labyrinth..hmm.. there was a thread recently discussing this and I recall Glenn liking the last disc somewhat. They are not as big as some other bands in the genre were they would require a large venue and would be worth flying across the country to see, probably a USA first?

That's another good question, is this a USA first, but I guess that was already answered when someone asked if they are from the US or Europe.

Lol, I think I just convinced myself to pre-order and not wait for the anouncement. Labyrinth??!!#!@# I'd never forgive myself for missing it.

Now that I said Labyrinth..hmm.. there was a thread recently discussing this and I recall Glenn liking the last disc somewhat. They are not as big as some other bands in the genre were they would require a large venue and would be worth flying across the country to see, probably a USA first?

That's another good question, is this a USA first, but I guess that was already answered when someone asked if they are from the US or Europe.

Lol, I think I just convinced myself to pre-order and not wait for the anouncement. Labyrinth??!!#!@# I'd never forgive myself for missing it.

Let's stop and think about economics. 200 tickets at $15 each is $3000. Subtract from that venue expenses, crew expenses, airfare, and hotel expenses for Labyrinth. Do you still have enough money left to make a profit, let alone break even? :Smug:

I'd suggest thinking domestic and east coast.

Besides that, do you think Glenn would put Labyrinth before a crowd of 200 at a small bar before he would put Krucible on the main stage before a potential crowd of 1,000+. I certainly don't think so.

Let's stop and think about economics. 200 tickets at $15 each is $3000. Subtract from that venue expenses, crew expenses, airfare, and hotel expenses for Labyrinth. Do you still have enough money left to make a profit, let alone break even? :Smug:

Iced Earth tribute band!

I'd suggest thinking domestic and east coast.

Besides that, do you think Glenn would put Labyrinth before a crowd of 200 at a small bar before he would put Krucible on the main stage before a potential crowd of 1,000+. I certainly don't think so.

What you say is true, but not everything is black and white sometimes. It's just wishful thinking on my part. I can't think of any band locally in the east coast that would deliberately make someone want to fly across country just to see.

$15 a pop for tickets is not chump change either, when most well known acts are between $16.50 and $22.50 with 2-3 other bands in tow as well.

But yes I do understand what your saying, but it's like buying a lottery ticket, I don't want get $500, I want to get a $1,000,000.00 even though chances are better to get $500 or nothing good at all.

East coast bands I'd think Suspyre but you'd think there were already ample oppertunities to watch them play already, to warrant flying out just for that.

Let's just say if it was Zero Hour I'd be severely pissed and probably a lot of others as well.

Here's some bands that could pull it off:

Pharaoh (a warmup for Germany! =d) [no I don't know if this is what it is]
Eternity X (hey its possible...)

IA solo show (why not!! This would rule) [[or his new Art Trio]]

UrbanBreed something or another.

DC Cooper something or another.

Nevermore (jk =d)

Glenn said in the ticket link thread that he cant wait to announce it, and he has a friend coming in town just for the wednesday. I think this is going to be something BIGGER than anyone else has imagined for the price.

Once again, I repeat..this is in Vinyl's for only 200 people.

Temper your expectations.

Well its gotta be something semi-big since your friend is coming from across the country and u said you were so excited about it. Its gotta be something really cool, I hope its not Crimson Glory with Wade Black though.