ProgPower VII Pic Thread ("official")

Harvester said:
Don't let that be taken out of context. It was taken when one of the bands asked to "see" everyone from up on stage and *bam*...they got their request.

I'm in that photo with my hands and hair covering my face....unfortunately that is how I spent A LOT of my time while sitting there both Friday and Saturday nights...not just when a band would ask to see the crowd. Saturday seemed to be worse though. We didn't want to give up otherwise good seats even with the lights in our eyes. :cool:

longshot9 said:
so this is what the lights were like in the seats eh?

with all due respect... no.
THIS is what it looked like from the seats:
look_sun.jpg

Harvester said:
Don't let that be taken out of context. It was taken when one of the bands asked to "see" everyone from up on stage and *bam*...they got their request.

Actually, that happened a couple of times during shows. But after that weekend I would never complain about anything. Well, except that it ended toooo soon!:lol:

MetalRose said:
I wonder if any of those seats were saved?

-Metal
As a matter of fact, yes they were. The guys in the two rows in front of us saved all the seats in both rows Friday and Saturday night....frequently one guy staying behind to save all the seats.

I suppose this is the nature of the beast though...

booB said:
are you trying to say Katie's short??? ;)

guilty as charged. Next year I'm focusing more on the people I'm hanging out with than on the band performances - I can always snag for my memories someone else's professional shots.

Or I could just buy more disposable cameras. Or figure out how to work my 35mm from ten years ago (i don't think they make the battery it comes with anymore, haha!). I need more film!

FataMorgana said:
I'm in that photo with my hands and hair covering my face....unfortunately that is how I spent A LOT of my time while sitting there both Friday and Saturday nights...not just when a band would ask to see the crowd. Saturday seemed to be worse though. We didn't want to give up otherwise good seats even with the lights in our eyes. :cool:

Maybe they were trying to wake you up? :lol:

MetalRose said:
I wonder if any of those seats were saved?

That picture is classic!

-Metal

A lot of them weren't saved because the light was so blinding people would vacate their seats when the set started. We moved over so that we'd have less direct light in our faces. Most people who'd sit in our row would arrive before the set started and then flee after the first few blindling light moments.

-Sarah (one of the few not shielding her eyes!)

freakchylde said:
And on that note....

Anyone have a picture of me from Thursday? (gothic schoolgirl) Was hoping someone managed to get me in the background, but haven't seen one yet. :(

Doh! - Was that you? Were you carrying a skateboard around? Doh - should have taken a pic (coz you were definitely notieable) but as we hadnt med I thought that maybe kinda creepy of me :)
I think you were staying at the Res Inn also if that was you.
jeff