Progpower X Band Announcements on Friday

nailz

Nov 11, 2002
San Francisco
Visit site
You will NOT want to miss the 2009 ProgPower USA X video presentation this year! We will be announcing most of the bands for our 10th anniversary show with this special video (and we mean special…). The video will be shown on FRIDAY NIGHT immediately following the Amorphis set. Don’t miss out!

Just saw this on the home page. Wanted to make sure everyone sees it and doesn't LEAVE.

I'm excited.

I'll be watching to see if any of the bands SkiBumMSP and I are attempting to sponsor gets picked! :)

Of course I'll be there - and I was aware that the announcement will be on Friday this year. (Which I find to be better because on Saturday we'll be dead tired and just want to go home!)

I hate to leak it, but its going to be Evergrey playing their entire discography Friday, followed by Jesus fighting Raptor Jesus on the floor of the Earthlink. You can now go ahead and schedule the drunken parties now that you have the scoop :lol:

Amorphis is one of my fave bands at PPUSA IX, so 'll definitely stick around for the big announcement! I probably would anyway, just so ya know.

OK, here is the REAL SCOOP. On thar Friday night, Lemmy, Dio, Bruce, Rob and Ozzy will face the reuniting New Kids On The Block in a WarGames steel cage match. Remember, ProgPower is held in the same building WCW used to do it's TBS shows, so Glenn has decided to pay homage to that bit of history with this great match. Guest referee will be Ralph Stanley.

Video will not be available until Deron gets its uploaded after he returns from the fest. I would expect Oct 1st at the earliest.

Btw, I have confirmed all but one band.

Video will not be available until Deron gets its uploaded after he returns from the fest. I would expect Oct 1st at the earliest.

Btw, I have confirmed all but one band.

How many bands will be at X? 10 OR 12?

How many bands will you reveal in the video?

Sorry if this has already been discussed.

I think that putting the PPX video on Friday night is a fucking genius move. It benefits EVERYONE. We, the festival attendees get to know about next year's fest a day earlier than last year, and still have all that time amongst ourselves to debate, discuss, and celebrate. On the other hand, anyone who wants to get into a band from next year's fest has first run at their CDs and merch from the merch room...and that is the beauty of it all. I'm even glad that all the bands won't be announced. That gives us something ELSE to look forward to. I can't fucking wait for Friday!

For those of us who can't be there but will be madly hitting F5 on our keyboards (or logging in first thing Saturday morning), will anyone be able to do a quick posting to the forum of the roster? Would Glenn have a reason not to want that?

For those of us who can't be there but will be madly hitting F5 on our keyboards (or logging in first thing Saturday morning), will anyone be able to do a quick posting to the forum of the roster? Would Glenn have a reason not to want that?

I'm sure there will be at least one person with a fully web enabled phone that can post here. I don't have one but obviously if anyone wants to volunteer....