Question: Movement of the masses?

DarkOne

Black Belt in Sarcasm
May 2, 2002
Philadelphia
Visit site
I haven't been to any of the PP shows before. and I am trying to plan my visit. I am wondering how the crowd generally works.

Do most people show up on time?

If I got there a half hour after the first band was on, would I have problems finding a seat?

Do folks pretty much stay where they are, or is it constantly shifting between floor, seats, and leaving the venue?

Thanks for the help.

Steve (Flying in on my own from Philadelphia)

You would not have problems finding a seat in the venue, but obviously the later you are the farther back you'll sit. Earthlink Live is great in that there are no bad seats but if its a band you really like than be one of the first in the door to get that up front sweet spot. And yes, the seating is constantly changing. In between sets people go the bar, CD shop, bathroom, etc. Also there are bands that people will shop instead of watch witch will improve your seating. From personal experience I sat at the back of the venue for every band and never once regretted it.

Oh shoot - does that mean we lose our seats if we move? Damn - I have a gold badge so I want to get a good seat but I don't necessarily want to sit through all the early bands just to keep my good seat. Damn - I was hoping they'd be preassigned. That sucks.

Also, I assume we're allowed in and out of the venue to drop off CD's we just bought? I guess I need to make a trip back to the hotel to drop off CDs and then rush back for Edguy or whoever. Heh, this should be funny / disasterous. :lol:

I will echo the sentiments above. There is normally quite a bit of movement between sets based on who folks want to see, cd shopping etc. There are no reserve seats. Once you vacate that seat (and have no one holding it for you), you loose it.

I will say that folks were spoiled last time out as it wasn't close to a sell-out and you could go where you wanted at basically anytime. If it sells out this time, it will be much tougher to move about.

Glenn H

Hey DarkOne, I too will be traveling out of Philly by myself. Might be nice to have someone to chat with on the way down. Have you made your flight plans yet? Hope to hear back from you.

Hi Imajica. No, I don't have plans yet. I won't book airfare until after I get a ticket :D

Actually, I have hotel reservations at the Best Western International. I plan on flying down Friday morn, and then leaving Sunday.

It would be great to get a few folks flying out at the same time.

I'll let you know what I'm doing. You do the same. Keep an eye out for any other Philly folks.

Steve