Redemption To Play PPVIII

TheWhisper

Cobra Kai Never Dies
Apr 12, 2004
Brandon, FL USA
Redemption to Play ProgPower VIII.

U.S. Progress Metal band Redemption is the latest band confirmed for ProgPower USA VIII. Redemption is the brainchild of Nicolas van Dyk (guitarist/keyboardist/songwriter) and features the legendary Ray Alder (Fates Warning) on vocals and Bernie Versailles (Agent Steel) on guitars, along with drummer Chris Quirarte and bassist Sean Andrews.

"We're extremely excited to be part of the festival again," said van Dyk. "Our band largely formed at and around the very first Progpower, and we had the opportunity to play at ProgPower IV. We've been looking forward to coming back for quite some time, as this is the premiere festival of its kind. We'll have a lot of material to share with the audience!"

Redemption's ucoming release, "The Origins of Ruin", is scheduled for an early 2007 release in the US vis Sensory Records, and the rest of the world via other labels soon to be announced. The new CD was once again produced by Tommy Newton (Conception, Ark, Helloween).

An exclusive new MP3 from the upcoming CD can be heard at www.progpowerusa.com in the audio section.

Italy's Raintime has also been confirmed as one of the opening acts.

ProgPower USA will return to Center Stage in Atlanta once again in the fall of 2007. The exact date is schedule to be released within the next few weeks. North America's premiere progressive and power metal festival has hosted numerous acts over it's seven year history including the historic U.S. debuts of bands such as Blind Guardian, Nightwish, Gamma Ray, Edguy, and many more.
YES...:headbang:

You dog! You beat me to it! That pretty much makes the festival worthwhile for me right there. :kickass: Wellll, ok, I'm looking forward to meeting Hawk and Carnut for the first time and seeing old friends. Man, it's almost a whole year away though.

I was hoping for Redemption. Alder really put the finishing touches on that band. The new one sounds great, too (even on my crappy laptop speaker while I'm on travel for work).

Steve in Philly

HELL FUCKING YES! I need now to therapy my boss to have time next year to attend PPVIII.

:erk: Eh, I hate to piss on everyone's parade, but Fullness of Time didn't do much for me. I listened to it about ten times and then put it away. Just didn't stand out in the slew of power/prog bands that I've been inundated with the past couple years. I preferred '05 releases by Circus Maximus and Pantommind.

That said, it could be a psychological thing. I don't like Ray Alder. He replaced John Arch in Fates Warning and that broke my heart. It still bugs me to this day because it wasn't necessary. They booted John because he couldn't "dedicate" himself to the band, and that's bullshit. Fates Warning was underground and not making money...they expected him to give up his day job and his family?

I'll admit it isn't fair for me to hold it against Ray in the first place, but honestly I've never been impressed with his vocals. He sucked on No Exit (the one tour I saw Fates Warning on) and he's always grated on me since. Granted, he has improved with age, but I still find his style rather boring. And in a prog/power metal band the singer is VERY important if you want to stand out from the crowd.

If this lineup is going to go in THIS direction, I may even think about going....:headbang:

The one band that would clinch it for me would be Symphony X!!

Great news! I love the Fullness of Time. Adler just smokes on this disc.

I am glad that Glenn is announcing bands early on. It is nice to get excited early and I think he is realizing that to stay ahead of the monster that HE created, he needs to line this thing up and get it on everyones schedule (bands and fans) before the other shows start shaping up. Look at what happened to BWBK this year... It went completely south because it took them till the last minute to firm up bands (which were useless, minus Testament!).

Every year he learns a little more and it really seems to be benefiting us fans!

Good for us! :kickass:

Trans-Siberian Outcast said:
:erk: Eh, I hate to piss on everyone's parade, but Fullness of Time didn't do much for me. I listened to it about ten times and then put it away. Just didn't stand out in the slew of power/prog bands that I've been inundated with the past couple years. I preferred '05 releases by Circus Maximus and Pantommind.

That said, it could be a psychological thing. I don't like Ray Alder. He replaced John Arch in Fates Warning and that broke my heart. It still bugs me to this day because it wasn't necessary. They booted John because he couldn't "dedicate" himself to the band, and that's bullshit. Fates Warning was underground and not making money...they expected him to give up his day job and his family?

I'll admit it isn't fair for me to hold it against Ray in the first place, but honestly I've never been impressed with his vocals. He sucked on No Exit (the one tour I saw Fates Warning on) and he's always grated on me since. Granted, he has improved with age, but I still find his style rather boring. And in a prog/power metal band the singer is VERY important if you want to stand out from the crowd.

I don't mind Ray Alder, per se, but I'm not exagerating when I say I think Arch's ep was better than every single thing that Fates Warning did without him....and it only had two songs on it, albeit two completely kickass, long, epic songs....

The line-up is looking pretty good already. I think a couple more PPIV bands will be playing next year as well. Pagan's Mind? Vanden Plas? Sym X??? I think at least one of them will be there. I wouldn't mind if all of them played myself!:headbang: Almost a whole year to go...:erk:

Platinum Maze said:
If this lineup is going to go in THIS direction, I may even think about going....:headbang:

The one band that would clinch it for me would be Symphony X!!
Well, you may have to book that trip, because I would be very, very surprised if S:X isn't one of the headliners.:)

SavaRon said:
The line-up is looking pretty good already. I think a couple more PPIV bands will be playing next year as well. Pagan's Mind? Vanden Plas? Sym X??? I think at least one of them will be there. I wouldn't mind if all of them played myself!:headbang: Almost a whole year to go...:erk:

I think there's a good chance it could be all three of them. SX and VP as the headliners would completly kick ass, IMO.

I'm not the biggest Ray / Redemption fan out there, but Nick seems like a pretty cool dude, and more importantly, the new tune kicks ass. If the whole cd is like that, it will become a MUST buy...

J-Dubya

ElectricWiz said:
I don't mind Ray Alder, per se, but I'm not exagerating when I say I think Arch's ep was better than every single thing that Fates Warning did without him....and it only had two songs on it, albeit two completely kickass, long, epic songs....
Yeah, I'd have to agree with that statement. Twist of Fate may have only been 27 minutes long, but it was good enough to play twice in a row. That equals your typical one-hour prog/power metal album. :D

Symphony X and Pagan's Mind I like alot. Vanden Plas would be huge just to hear some songs off of Christ O. I got hooked on that album this summer.

Trans-Siberian Outcast said:

Hey buddy, I had exactly the same thing and because of the same reason! But this album helped me to get over it. I still miss John in Fates Warning though. And I am eagerly waiting for that promised full John Arch album.