Reminder for those staying at the Artmore...

sharing from my Facebook page: I checked my bank account today and the funds that were showing as withdrawn on Tuesday were back in my account today. I called the hotel and they said the room was paid for..so i called my bank and they said there is a 3 day hold for the hotel to claim the funds so *hopefully* that will be late tonight or tomorrow. Weird because the past 3 years this has never happened

Also called, turns out they had an old number that was frauded & turned off a while back. Forgot about that one.
Kinda wish they'd have called me though.

Hmm, my card still hasn't been charged and I even called the hotel about 4 days ago and they said I was good to go.

They also told me I was checking in on Wednesday and not Thursday. Was there some requirement that we stay there 4 nights in order to qualify for a less-outrageou rate or something? Seems like this is the second year in a row I've been surprised.

The four day minimum stay rule has been in effect for the past few years when booking early to secure your room. They had no choice due to the multitude of late cancellations the prior year. You have to gamble and wait till later on to start with a Thursday arrival.

The four day minimum stay rule has been in effect for the past few years when booking early to secure your room. They had no choice due to the multitude of late cancellations the prior year. You have to gamble and wait till later on to start with a Thursday arrival.

Prior to this year, you had a choice for either 3 days or 4 days. This year it's 4 days. I can see their point, and I have no problem with that. So I arrive for the party a day earlier than usual! :worship:

I checked today to see if the charge had come out yet...only to find out they charged $100 more than I had agreed to when I made the reservation. When I called, I was told they had been "authorized to charge $25/day for incidentals". I sure as hell didn't authorize this! And the last time I called to make sure everything was ok with my reservation and that the charge would be coming soon, they verified the original amount, not the amount charged. I have to wait until Monday to speak with Richard, a manager, but believe me he'll be getting an earful. If this was "policy" as they claim, why was there NEVER a mention until afterwards? That's sketchy at best, and quite honestly I consider it theft. I will not be gracing them with my presence next year. No convenience is worth this bullshit.

The room rate on my reservations were without taxes, and the rates I was charged included an 8% sales tax and 8% hospitality tax, which came out to $30.24 or $43.04 per night for each of two different room types. I wasn't charged for additional incidentals, at least not yet. :erk:

I just spent the last several hours trying to confirm the reservation I made a year ago via the weekend promo all we Gold Badge holders received from Glenn, because I was billed for only one night when I understood that the promo not only locked us in for all four nights but REQUIRED that we stay for four nights. Turns out the Artmore screwed up, and although we reserved our suite under the promo, the Artmore has us in their system for Wednesday night only. It took several phone calls and emails to finally speak to somebody who informed me that the hotel was sold out and that the head manager would have to remedy this since this error means they are double booked. At this point, we are still awaiting confirmation of whether or not we have a suite for the 4 nights.

Given what I just experienced, anybody who reserved via the promo might want to call the Artmore and confirm that is what they have in their system for you. Otherwise, you might end up in this same boat. This is a REAL mess.

The room rate on my reservations were without taxes, and the rates I was charged included an 8% sales tax and 8% hospitality tax, which came out to $30.24 or $43.04 per night for each of two different room types. I wasn't charged for additional incidentals, at least not yet. :erk:

The room rate on my reservation was also without taxes, but the total they said would be charged included the taxes (I just went back and checked again to be sure). So this extra charge has nothing to do with taxes. Honestly, if there had been some mention of that beforehand, it wouldn't be an issue for me (aside from the fact that their rates are absurd already).