Riverside at the NJProghouse

I know the one in Metuchen is tiny. Not sure how big the one in Highland Park is.

Zod

Weird... there's one in Metuchen and one in Highland Park? Damn... I used to work literally 10 minutes away from both towns before I moved out of NJ in December. Bizarre... a band basically playing in a large house, lol. I think Zero Hour played at one of these places last year, didn't they?

Weird... there's one in Metuchen and one in Highland Park? Damn... I used to work literally 10 minutes away from both towns before I moved out of NJ in December. Bizarre... a band basically playing in a large house, lol. I think Zero Hour played at one of these places last year, didn't they?
They sure did and it was little more than a one-room schoolhouse. Really fun experience. This hall at the church is not one of their regular ones. Can't find any info on it at all.

Wow, what a weird show. It almost seems like the promoters are going out of their way to make both finding out about it and getting to it, a chore.

That said, $40 tickets + extremely small venue + vague venue information = an intimate experience that should be hard to match.

Jason

This event has not been officially announced yet. That will happen tomorrow afternoon when more info will be available at NJProghouse.com
The NJProghouse routinely gives their patrons and special friends first crack at all upcoming events...AMBR is on the special friends list so she got word early.
As far as the venue, NJProghouse has many they work with as part of the Foundation. Most all events are held in museum houses and historic places. Halls, forums and theaters are used for larger events. Regardless of the site, it's always an intimate, wonderful experience and this night, with our great friends from Poland, promises to be one of the best!
See you there and at ProgPower! :kickass:

This event has not been officially announced yet. That will happen tomorrow afternoon when more info will be available at NJProghouse.com
The NJProghouse routinely gives their patrons and special friends first crack at all upcoming events...AMBR is on the special friends list so she got word early.
Whoops, was that "my bad?" Didn't want my ProgPower buds to miss out. Sorry, if I wasn't s'pose to post that.

Regardless of the site, it's always an intimate, wonderful experience and this night, with our great friends from Poland, promises to be one of the best!
See you there and at ProgPower! :kickass:

Indeed they are and this will certainly be even more exceptional than any other.

Two reasons:

1. It's the cultural epicenter of the world
2. I live in New Jersey

Hmmm... now that I think of it, that may only be one reason. :loco:

Zod

Italians up north, Jews in the center, Crackpots down south.

Cultural epicenter indeed.

Whoops, was that "my bad?" Didn't want my ProgPower buds to miss out. Sorry, if I wasn't s'pose to post that.
Indeed they are and this will certainly be even more exceptional than any other.

No harm done, AMBR...a little advanced notice is a good thing...that's why we do it. We appreciate your help!:loco:
I just wanted to clarify why there was so little info about this event and why some may have had problems trying to get tickets.

Just got this notice from the NJ Proghouse:
(partial cut/paste)
In little over a month we will be welcoming Riverside w/ special guests Pinnacle on Friday September 12th to The Crossroads Theatre located on Theatre Row in New Brunswick. This is a very cool theatre able to hold 294 people in an amphitheater style hall. Full lights and sound as well as a beautiful lobby. This is an all ages show.

Tickets are going fast, get yours before it's too late. For tickets, information about the bands and all that good stuff please visit: http://www.njproghouse.com

I remember a couple people at the Knitting Factory show last Friday were saying they wanted to go but thought tickets were probably sold out by now. Apparently NOT!! Go get 'em now! This is going to be a very unique show.

FYI - (rest of the email):
Then.... On September 20th we will be welcoming SUSPYRE to the Community Center at the First Presbyterian Church in Metuchen, as they celebrate the release of their new album "When Time Fades..." (Sensory Records)

They will be playing an exclusive 90-minute set of songs from their three albums, with special guest drummer CHARLIE ZELENY.