Role call: Gigantour on Friday in Gwinnett...

would have been there but...saving money for september....and some of the bands i have seen before countless times or just dont care to see lol

but i ll be ready for PP thats for sure:)

charlie

Yeah, I'm skipping on this. Symphony X for 30 minutes (and their set list) didn't do it enough for me to go. I like DT as well, but couldn't see spending money I need on a conference where both those two bands alone could play for hours

Bummer - just read on the Gigantour forum that Dream Theater's set is only going to be 55 minutes long. It seems that all the bands are playing on one stage (instead of two as they have at most venues), which adds set up time. Maybe if the metal gods are with us things will roll extra smoothly and they can start a little early. I know it's Mustaine's gig, but you'd think he'd be cool and cut his set 10-15 minutes short instead of lopping 35 minutes off DT's set.

Ah, good to know.

I got seats, as the GA tix were all gone. I think we're on stage-right, but I'm not sure which chart they're using -- half-house stage is what I've heard.

It sucks that DT gets a shortened set. I really HATE tours that seem to promise something, and then don't deliver quite as advertised......just another reason why ProgPower USA rules!

rottingflesh said:
that sucks... it starts early doesn't it? what time does it start here?
4:30. Even though I don't like my job enough to justify it, I do enjoy receiving a paycheck, so I'll just deal with it. But I've already put in for ProgPower Friday off, so I'm set for September.