Sabaton.....WTF?!!

Sabaton just posted on their Facebook "SABATON GOES SEPARATE WAYS." with a link to their website...which appears to be down, no doubt thanks to an influx of traffic. I'm curious to see the official statement if anyone got in before the site went down and/or has a press release, but looks like it wasn't just unfounded rumors.

Edit: Got in, this is the entirety of the post:
Starting a band at the age of 18 is simple, keeping it intact for 12 years is much harder, and finally we have come to the crossroad where we will go separate ways.

Pär Sundström and Joakim Brodén will continue to battle on stage, carrying the banner of Sabaton to further victories.

We will always have an eternal bond to each other, created by more than 12 years of friendship & touring, and wish each other long and prosperous lives with families, various projects and musical careers.

In the end, all six of us will end up in our own glorious future…
So, no news about the US tour, possible replacements, etc...sort of confusing that they wouldn't address the status of the tour...

I'd love it if it were an early April Fools Joke - what time is it in Sweden? I suspect that it's not though. It is an absolute shame that with a new album coming out, and their recent successful albums & tours that something brought them to this decision.

This timing makes complete sense, actually. "They" recorded the album and the members that are no longer wanting to take part are getting out NOW before the 12 month touring cycle begins for the album.

And i say "They" because i doubt all of the guys actually played on the album. you can program the drums and bass and keyboards. all you need in guitarist and singer.

This timing makes complete sense, actually. "They" recorded the album and the members that are no longer wanting to take part are getting out NOW before the 12 month touring cycle begins for the album.

"Sabaton is famous and we're actually able to do this full time. It took 12 years and we've finally made it. I'm out." - Everyone but Joakim and Par. Wat.

Also, this was posted by JF, about the Sabaton Breakup and American tour. I kinda laughed.

up at 6 10 am here in thailand , answering what is 100 emails that dont need to even come.... listen people , if a band loses a few members for whatever reason , this doesnt mean they split up and a tour is cancelled , why are you sending me tons of emails.... if a tour cancels , a call or email will be sent , so please stop BLOWING up all my emails all week ... SHIT

It's funnier because they announced this just as he's on Vacation. Like the day he landed. I feel kinda bad for the guy in that regard.

Sent to Sabaton e-mail list:

"To end all rumors that Sabaton will stop touring, or even act/perform as a band, we can now present that Sabaton's new lineup will be as follows:

Joakim Brodén - Vocals
Pär Sundström - Bass
Chris Rörland - Guitars
Thobbe Englund - Guitars
Robban Bäck - Drums

At the moment we are still searching for a keyboard player. Until we have found the right guy we will still have Daniel Myhr with us, in digital form, since he has specially recorded all keyboards for us to use on tour.

Therefore, we are not cancelling any shows at all - the war machine of Sabaton will go on just as planned! The MKII of Sabaton is ready for the next chapter...

To meet the new members for the first time, please have a look at this video:

"

Last edited by a moderator:
Sent to Sabaton e-mail list:

"To end all rumors that Sabaton will stop touring, or even act/perform as a band, we can now present that Sabaton's new lineup will be as follows:

Joakim Brodén - Vocals
Pär Sundström - Bass
Chris Rörland - Guitars
Thobbe Englund - Guitars
Robban Bäck - Drums

Any relation between Thobbe Englund and Tom Englund of Evergrey?

Any relation between Thobbe Englund and Tom Englund of Evergrey?

I doubt it. Englund isn't exactly an uncommon Swedish surname. "Eng" is a common prefix in many Swedish surnames (Engsson, Engberg, etc) and "lund" is a common suffix in many Swedish surnames (Fryklund, Edlund, etc). But then again, you never know. :D

Clearly some thought had gone into the transition - which is probably why Joakim was pissed with the reporter when he made comments about rumours.