SCAR SYMMETRY - The Singularity (Phase I – Neohumanity)

KingsGene

God of Thunder
Apr 1, 2005
near KC
www.kingsofthenight.com
SCAR SYMMETRY REVEAL MORE DETAILS FOR THE SINGULARITY (PHASE 1 – NEOHUMANITY); VIDEO TRAILER STREAMING

Swedish melodic death metallers, Scar Symmetry, will release their new album and successor to 2011’s The Unseen Empire, entitled The Singularity (Phase I – Neohumanity), on October 3rd (Europe), October 6th (UK / France) and October 14th (North America) via Nuclear Blast. The artwork, below, was created by Mircea Gabriel Eftemie.

p18vae1lp913qr1nknm593qvd824.jpg

The Singularity (Phase I – Neohumanity) tracklisting:

"The Shape Of Things To Come"
"Neohuman"
"Limits To Infinity"
"Cryonic Harvest"
"The Spiral Timeshift"
"Children Of The Integrated Circuit"
"Neuromancers"
"Technocalyptic Cybergeddon"

Commented guitarist Per Nilsson: "The lyrical concept that Henrik came up with for The Singularity trilogy is huge in scope, complex and awe-inspiring, and naturally the music I wrote needed to follow suit - and it is with great pride that we can now present Phase I - Neohumanity, the first part in the most progressive and elaborate project in the history of Scar Symmetry. What an awesome way of celebrating our 10th anniversary!"

The Singularity (Phase I – Neohumanity) is the first part of a trilogy and Mircea Gabriel Eftemie will be doing the entire artwork for the forthcoming album trilogy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't wait! Hopefully they'll do a US tour to support this (and their visas will be approved in time). With only 8 songs, this appears to be another "quality over quantity" release like their previous album.

Love these guys and their oddball wtfery. I hope they toss out some singles in the near future so that I can wear them out.

Love everything these guys do. I'll be curious to hear what the album sounds like without Jonas Kjellgren being in the band anymore. He was always such a good songwriter and a nice change of pace to Per on guitar.

I like their CDs, but they were terrible live. Would not see again unless they toured with other bands I like.

I had the opposite impression. I saw them on the Dark Matter Dimensions outing and even though they were down one axeman they were awesome. Energetic, fun, and extremely tight.

New song released today. If this is any indication of the rest of the album, then this could seriously contend for album of the year IMO! :worship::OMG:

Last edited by a moderator:
I like it, but it's really...bright. Comes off a touch odd, imo. Supposedly it's the poppiest track on the album, which brings comfort.

I like it, but it's really...bright. Comes off a touch odd, imo. Supposedly it's the poppiest track on the album, which brings comfort.

You mean sound quality wise bright? I listened on my good headphones and didn't think that was the case. I thought it sounded excellent myself.

That's Per's style. He's writing all the music this time now that Jonas is out, who wrote the heavier stuff.

Yeah, it does sound a bit more upbeat than I was expecting. It's pretty good though, and if this is the worst song on the album then i'll be a happy guy.

I think it's pretty great. I see what you mean in terms of lighter, but it's a cool contrast to the heavier moments. Almost reminds me of a mix of 70s prog and death metal.