SCAR SYMMETRY - The Singularity (Phase I – Neohumanity)

The new album is really good. While I don't think it is hugely different than previous releases, there are enough new wrinkles to keep it interesting. I can say that it easily their best release since Christian left the band.

I just got this yesterday, and i've already listened to it all the way through 3 times. It's on a completely different level than their previous albums; it's so good that it almost renders their back catalogue irrelevant. I was a little apprehensive because there are only 6 actual songs, but this album is a complete listening experience that almost demands to be listened to all the way through. There aren't any throwaway tracks or obvious flaws I can find. The songwriting is all over the place (in a good way) and the vocalists sound better than ever. This is definitely their best album to date and this will likely end up as my #2 favorite album of the year.

It's on a completely different level than their previous albums; it's so good that it almost renders their back catalogue irrelevant.

Whoa whoa whoa. I love the new album a lot too, but I think Holographic Universe is still their high water mark by quite a bit. That being said, this new one will be in my top 10 for sure.

Haven't been able to stop listening to it since it arrived in the mail a few days ago. They rip off some of their old stuff a little bit, but I still like it a lot. The concept part of it is a little weird, but otherwise the album kicks ass.

Picked it up this weekend and just finished my maiden listen. It's definitely very good. Their best with the new lineup by a good bit. Hopefully this is portents of the future with them hitting their stride again. That being said it's definitely not their best album. IMO the Christian material still stands above the rest because...he's just that good.