Showcase announcement. 1st 3 bands!!!!

I'm with you. I love Floor's voice, but I'm not a fan of After Forever. Nightwish had their moments (when Tarja was in the band), but they never really excited me. Epica, Leaves Eyes, Delain, etc., just aren't my cup of tea. There's only been three female-fronted Metal bands who have held my interested in the slightest...

Lacuna Coil... strong song writing and a unique style.

Sinergy... Kimberly Goss sings with more balls than most men.

Amaran... very powerful Metal, and the amazing vocals of Johanna De Pierre.

Zod

I confess to not being a huge fan of female-fronted bands, but you guys should check out Benedictum. Their CD "Seasons of Tragedy" was my most listened-to CD of 2008. They even do a cover of Accept's "Balls To The Wall" that blows away the original. And it's hilarious to hear a female sing that song anyway.

Sorry if someone has already mentioned the band, as I have not read all the posts in this thread.

I'm with you. I love Floor's voice, but I'm not a fan of After Forever. Nightwish had their moments (when Tarja was in the band), but they never really excited me. Epica, Leaves Eyes, Delain, etc., just aren't my cup of tea. There's only been three female-fronted Metal bands who have held my interested in the slightest...

Lacuna Coil... strong song writing and a unique style.

Sinergy... Kimberly Goss sings with more balls than most men.

Amaran... very powerful Metal, and the amazing vocals of Johanna De Pierre.

Zod

I think we're the only people who've mentioned Amaran on this site, I could be wrong though. Great band.

I confess to not being a huge fan of female-fronted bands, but you guys should check out Benedictum.
I dig Veronica's voice, but I'm not a fan of the songs. They just don't click for me. We saw that at Wacken, and I'm sad to report, we were not impressed as all. They seemed out of sorts and honestly, quite unprofessional.

I think we're the only people who've mentioned Amaran on this site, I could be wrong though. Great band.
Agreed. Shame they split so soon. Great vocals. Perhaps my favorite female singer.

Zod

Except that was Midweek Mayhem. A little different as that's a smaller venue.
If I recall correctly, people were suggesting cover bands to take the slot that Vanden Plas was set to occupy (which ended up going to Enchant)...I'm assuming this is what AngraRULES is referring to.

If I recall correctly, people were suggesting cover bands to take the slot that Vanden Plas was set to occupy (which ended up going to Enchant)...I'm assuming this is what AngraRULES is referring to.

Oh God! That would have been awful. Enchant was a great pick last year even if they were a bit lighter than most bands usually playing the festival. They were a band I never thought I would have had the chance to see.