Showcase announcement. 1st 3 bands!!!!

Beholder

Apr 16, 2002
Houston
www.krucibleband.com
LEPROUS
www.leprous.net
Ranging from heavy metal to jazz, from progressive rock to black metal, Norway's LEPROUS is not afraid of transcending the boundaries of what music "should" sound like. Last years incredible "Tall Poppy Syndrome" gave fans of such diverse bands as Opeth, Arcturus, Porcupine Tree, Van Der Graaf Generator and Emperor a new favorite band. With the show at the ProgPower USA 2010 Showcase, LEPROUS will be making their first US appearance ever, and are very much looking forward to bringing their original blend of all-encompassing music styles to Center Stage.
Check out a live video from their 2009 performance in Denmark here:

BOREALIS
www.borealisband.com
Canadian newcomer band BOREALIS is nothing short of being one of the most expressive young power metal bands right now. Their incredible blend of old school heavy metal and progressive inputs leaves the listener with nothing to desire. Making their US debut at ProgPower USA 2010 Showcase, expect nothing but a high energy show that will satisfy fans of bands such as Evergrey, Savatage and Vanden Plas.
Check out the video "Where We Started" (demo from upcoming second album):

SIX MINUTE CENTURY
www.sixminutecentury.com
Texas progressive metal artist Six Minute Century starts off the festivities with a long awaited, and well deserved appearance. Hard hitting, melodic, progressive, great songwriting, and soaring vocals are all a part of what this truly talented American band has to offer. With years of live, touring and recording experience between them, it is far past time that the Progpower century hits the Six Minute mark. Fans of Savatage, John Arch"esque" vocals and other similar bands of the genre rejoice. Check out their debut release "Time Capsules" on ITunes, CD Baby, or through Nightmare Records.

Headliner to be announced very soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

showcase_flyer_2010.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ranging from heavy metal to jazz, from progressive rock to black metal, Norway's LEPROUS is not afraid of transcending the boundaries of what music "should" sound like. Last years incredible "Tall Poppy Syndrome" gave fans of such diverse bands as Opeth, Arcturus, Porcupine Tree, Van Der Graaf Generator and Emperor a new favorite band. With the show at the ProgPower USA 2010 Showcase, LEPROUS will be making their first US appearance ever, and are very much looking forward to bringing their original blend of all-encompassing music styles to Center Stage.

I don't have time to go check them out right now, but that description sounds phenomenal!

Wow, Leprous are fn great! Obviously the headliner will be a power metal band based upon the rest of the line-up. There goes my hope for Vanden Plas! Still looking forward to the announcement.

Glenn telling Zod not to worry is making ME worry. ;( Unless of course, its Vanden Plas again. Or a cruel cruel joke and its actually PAIN OF SALVATION :kickass:

Leprous is gonna be awesome.

Cool! Never heard of Leprous, looks like another band that might tick my "weird" music gene nicely! Looking forward to this, as well as who the TBA is.... Good job Shane! :headbang:

OH HELL YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Six Minute Century will blow your doors off!! This band has been together more than 5 years with only one lineup change. They write long, catchy songs, mostly about historical events (MLK, Oklahoma City Bombing, war in Iraq, etc.). Their first CD, "Time Capsules" is a classic. Their new material (new CD due out before PP) is darker and heavier. Don't miss these guys. Shane was right - the vox are VERY John Arch, with some Ray Alder and Tony Harnell!! The musicians remind me of Dream Theater in ther musical prowess. DON'T MISS THIS SET!!!!!

Chris :headbang:

"Headliner TBA"

Don't worry.
Gotta Love ya Zod :)

As Glenn said, don't worry :heh:
Do I strike you guys as the type of person who panics easily? :loco:

My question was less about the ability of the bands to fill the venue and more around the plans. I have plenty of faith in Shane. To that end, I'm quite sure the negotiations with Nevermore are proceeding on schedule and I look forward to the announcement. :heh:

Zod