Showcase announcement. 1st 3 bands!!!!

Cool for Six Minute Century but I have never heard of the other bands and I get around...So I am giving a WTF to that!!! Look for ward to the headline announcement

coughVANDENPLAScough

hehehe

Bear

Glenn telling Zod not to worry is making ME worry. ;( Unless of course, its Vanden Plas again. Or a cruel cruel joke and its actually PAIN OF SALVATION :kickass:

Leprous is gonna be awesome.

Heh, that's what I was thinking.

Looking forward to Leprous and checking out the others, but the headliner - now that's intriguing.

Leprous alone has me hooked. Can't wait to see them pull that stuff off live.

And I tell you what, if there's any way the headliner happens to be Ihsahn doing solo shit with Leprous as his backing band...I'm gonna shit 3 ton bricks.

I see we are back to the days of the young, hungry bands!!! Leprous is kind of your Opeth-lite band, Borealis is pretty good from what I have heard on their debut album, Don;t know anything about Six Minute Century. But this does give something to do now in trying to find their one album.

I would love for Shane to annouce either Volbeat or Freak Kitchen, but knowing him he will pull a wabbit out of his hat, and have some one like.............. oh well we will all have to wait and see, as I have no clue what he is up to.

4194259736_0b3d3edfeb.jpg

Leprous alone has me hooked. Can't wait to see them pull that stuff off live.

And I tell you what, if there's any way the headliner happens to be Ihsahn doing solo shit with Leprous as his backing band...I'm gonna shit 3 ton bricks.

That is an interesting thought. Ihsahn seems pretty far off the radar for the typical Prog Power fan though.

Personally I only really like about 1/2 of Ihsahn's material overall, but I quite enjoy the angl disc.

Britt

I would love for Shane to annouce either Volbeat or Freak Kitchen, but knowing him he will pull a wabbit out of his hat, and have some one like.............. oh well we will all have to wait and see, as I have no clue what he is up to.

+1. I'd love to see Volbeat or Freak Kitchen again. I don't own any cds from the 3 bands anounced but I've just ordered them so I'm really looking foward to listening to them. I'm making may way through Glenn's top 20 of 2009 and ordered Leprous a few days ago so I should be seeing that any day now. By the way Glenn, thanks a lot for your list. Mob Rules, Redemption, Cain's Offering, and Southern Cross haven't been removed from my cd player ever since I got them after seeing them on your list. Don't stop your best of lists, I may never of picked these up if it wasn't for that.

This is interesting for me. coming from the UK for the week I'm really pleased to see US bands that I would have fat chance of viewing over here! Never heard of Leprous, but that gives me something to look out for over the coming spring/summer festival season in Europe!

Hopes for headliner? Well Volbeat would be the dogs bollocks imo but I would take vanden plas as well. Ihsahn's a really interesting guy - his new album has so many contrasting sounds it really is truly progressive!

I hope someone posts a link to ticket sales as soon as - I cannot miss out!