Sonata Arctica Clones

EDVANTASIA

Mar 24, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
Anyone know of any bands that sound like Sonata Arctica?.This is the only power metal band I can get my wife to listen to (Although she will be listening to 10 of them in November), and want to find some bands that have a similar vocalist and have that speedy, catchy, well produced sound.Anyone got any suggestions?

Well, there are many of the Stratovarius/Sonata Arctica clones, or bands that sound similar...here is a short list, you may have heard of these, or maybe not...

Edguy (judging by your name, you got that covered)
Rhapsody
Nightwish (female opera vocals from Finland also)
Nightmare
Hammerfall

I mean, the list goes on and on with this style of music...you shouldn't have to much trouble finding many more...

Actually, I have CD's by all those bands, but I think SA has a unique lead singer (must be the accent) I actually like all the bands you listed, but the music I think sounds a little different Than the bands listed. I guess it's kinda hard to explain what Im looking for. But keep the suggestions coming!!

Rhapsody es metal progresivo totalmente fuera de serie encuentro que el rain of a thousand flames y el dawn of victory es uno de los mejores discos que han compuesto si no son los mejores