Steinar Gundersen's Guitars

Lycanthrobby said:
Darklord dude, you have alot of shit with you. Guitars are personal preference, when you reach a certin degree of quality
i don't know why you are complaining, but i already said that Jackson and ESP are preferences of mine after years of trials and working with different quality guitars:
Dark Lord said:
I'd suggest you go with Jackson or ESP... my preferences ofcourse :)
...and i'm not forcing anyone to go with anything specific...i'm just stating my opinion like you did in your post !!!
..... if you're interested in knowing my opinion about different models of Ibanez guitars, just check out post #62 in the thread: Andreas Jonsson ... the thread is a little far back now since nobody posted in it in a long while.

Lycanthrobby said:
As far as 7 string Jacksons go, years ago they attempted it and had a bad run of guitars due to poor sizing of scale length, Vai's Universe was the first production electric 7 string made and still leads, so thats something to think about. Schecter makes a good 7 also.
well Jackson 7 string pre-productions are NOT going to be that great... that's why i was referring to the beauty of using the Jackson Custom-shop to build the guitar... they will do anything you like to the guitar... and you can be damn sure it's going to be good because these guys make top-quality guitars.. not to mention the fact that the guitar will be built to your personal specs ofcourse.

Lycanthrobby said:
Steiner, maybe you've heard of them, but those Caparison guitars are pretty hot...
Dude, i'm not talking to Steiner... i'm talking to Andreas... as a matter of fact, Steiner doesn't even show up on this forum... it seems he's really busy at the moment... though we'd all wish he'd show up from time to time :)

Lycanthrobby said:
If I could ask a quick question directed for Lars(maybe this should go somewhere else). What model Steinberger bass do you play?
he uses a Steinberger Q4... if you want, check out post #30 in the thread "Andreas Jonsson" as well... you'll get all the info you'll need on Mr. Norberg's Basses :)

Dark Lord said:
but maybe Jackson are the type of guys that only like to endorse American musicians... i'm not sure...

that doesn't make too much sense, and is false. Kristian Ranta, a guitarrist from Finland, is endorsed by Jackson.

well i wasn't really sure... that's why i asked if anybody around here could answer. Well i know that Alexi Laiho was endorsed by Jackson back in 2003 and the couple of years before... Roope Letvala as well... but then they both switched... with Alexi's Guitar being stolen and all... so after that, i don't recall any non-Americans being endorsed by Jackson... thank you for correcting my false assumption :) .... eventhough i have no idea who Kristian Ranta is !!! :D

Have you tried that monstruosity( the synthaxe)?????.
Chek for Allan Holdsworh samples.I really recommend this guy.
pd:(maybe I`m starting to learn english).

First of all..
Greetings from Serbia to the members of Spiral Architect..
It is a great honour (and, needless to say, a luxury) to have such a direct comunication, with a so fine musicians, as you represent..with the members of the, one and only, supreme (and without a doubt my favorite) technical metal band, Spiral Architect..!
And of course, greetings to all of the forum members..!

Considering the topic..i remember that i was searching the net about the guitars used on the record..and i remember very well that i have red that Steinar Gundersen used an Ibanez 7 string, rg7620..with its stock PUs..Dimarzio NEW 7s..
But i am not sure that was maybe an interview concerning his gear in Lunaris..
But, then again..i had dloaded some pics from some live show of the SA, and yeah, he was playing a black rg7620..
Hopefolly, i am going to take an Ibanez 7 string in a next few months..!
it would be nice to hear some feedback on this..was Steinar using 7620..?

A picture to argument my statement..
gi_popup.html

Gee..i was obviosly wrong..sorry about that..
But i am so sure that i have red somewhere that Steinar used that rg7620..i also remember of mentioning for using some POD..but not sure if it was for bass, or guitars..Gee..I red that intervirew sooo long ago..(obviosly)..
So, then i apologise for the pics..
then, the Steinar was using what?
..a (red) PRS..(it looks like that from the pics to me..)?
Maybe i better stop mumbo jamboing here and wait the answer :)
It is so great that we can talk to actual members here..
Andreas, Cheers man..!

I think that i got it now..i was actually reading an interview with M from Lunaris..Yeah..i guess that was it..cause it fits..He has the RG7620..
Sorry for misleading you guys..
Just wanted to help..
My bad.

Have either of you guys (Steinar or Andreass) heard of the french guitar company LAG? I've been looking into them and they seem quite good (the Arkane series) All you other guitar players can let me know your opinion as well if you know them... Cheers fellas.

Have either of you guys (Steinar or Andreass) heard of the french guitar company LAG? I've been looking into them and they seem quite good (the Arkane series) All you other guitar players can let me know your opinion as well if you know them... Cheers fellas.
I haven't heard of LAG. But I saw now on the LAG website that Dweezil Zappa played one. I think they(Arkane) look pretty good. It would be interesting to try one, but I'm really looking for a 7 or 8 string.. I read that the guys in Meshuggah got 8 strings from Ibanez. Hopefully they'll go in mass production soon :)

/Andreas

Yeah, Dweezil Zappa and Stephen Forte (Adagio) are the only ones I've heard of that use them, but they seem pretty similar to the Ibanez Prestige only without the pricetag... I think they make a seven-string, but it would be awesome to get an 8 string, that would be insane! Imagine the sweeps you could do on that thing... The other one I've been looking at is the Caparison Dellinger II. Michael Romeo of Symphony X and Matthias Ekhlund of Freak Kitchen both use Caparison, and from all reports they make pretty awesome shred machines... Cheers for responding man!:worship: (jokes)

A question for any of the guys in the band... When you guys find a guitar or bass or whatever (drums I guess :p )that you think will best suit your needs, do you contact the company and ask if they'll endorse you??? If you do, what sorts of things do you expect? A free guitar? An endless supply??? :lol: OR do you just go to a store, but a particular guitar and the company wouldn't have a clue that the world famous :worship: members of tech-metal band Spiral Architect are using their instruments :)
Thanks fellas.