3. Nevermore- "This Godless Endeavor"
4. Iommi- "Fused"
5. Kamelot- "The Black Halo"
6. Rusell Allen- "Atomic Soul"
7. Bruce Dickinson- "A Tyranny Of Souls"
8. Allen/Lande- "The Battle"
9. Lydian Sea- "Architect Of Humanity"
10. Circle 2 Circle- "The Middle Of Nowhere"

The more I listen to Masterplan - Aeronautics, the higher it goes on my list, its anything but redundant. Its a great album and Jorn always has trhe great vocal hooks and harmonies!!!

Bear

Bear said:
The more I listen to Masterplan - Aeronautics, the higher it goes on my list, its anything but redundant. Its a great album and Jorn always has trhe great vocal hooks and harmonies!!!
Hmmm... I initially wrote this CD off as being generic. Maybe I'll go back and give it a another spin.

Zod

I remember the good old days when you used to talk about melodic death. Are you censoring yourself for this forum, or are you not into the more extreme material anymore? Don't worry, I won't add you to any e-mail lists (or e-mail you at all - I know how you hate that) if I find out you like, say, the brilliant Dark Tranquillity - Character or Fear My Thoughts - Hell Sweet Hell.

johnfrank1970 said:
I remember the good old days when you used to talk about melodic death. Are you censoring yourself for this forum, or are you not into the more extreme material anymore?

Neither - you just have the wrong DarkOne. The other Dark One (note the space) from Philly is more extreme. I'm the wimpy one :loco:

Steve in Philly

johnfrank1970 said:
I remember the good old days when you used to talk about melodic death. Are you censoring yourself for this forum, or are you not into the more extreme material anymore?
John, the Dark One you're thinking about is Jason, not Steve. Jason posts here occasionally, but much more frequently on the Royal Carnage forum.

Zod

Here are my 10 picks in no particular order for 2005. Keep in mind, I've not purchased all of the 2005 CDs that I've wanted YET.

Jake E. Lee - Retraced
Kamelot - The Black Halo
Lande/Allen - The Battle
Joe Lynn Turner - The Usual Suspects
Frameshift - Absence of Empathy
Redemption - The Fullness of Time
Circus Maximus - The 1st Chapter
Jon Oliva's Pain - Taj Mahal
Judas Priest - Angel of Retribution
Rob Rock - Holy Hell (If you don't like this, then you don't like metal)

I agree with several from your list, many good choices definately. Here's a few I'm heavily into for '05....

(no particular order)
Elwing, Dickinson, Leave's Eyes (Liv Kristine), Savage Circus, Penance (yes I like doom too), Firewind, Elvenking, Axenstar, Black Majesty, Gjallahorn (Doomsword guys), Shaman, Secret Sphere, The Storyteller, Winterlong, Sabaton.

And a great '06 to all of you.

My list for 2005 is:

1. KAMELOT - The black halo
2. CLOUDSCAPE - s/t
3. PORCUPINE TREE - Deadwing
4. DREAM THEATER - Octavarium
5. PAGAN´S MIND - Enigmatic: Calling
6. JAMES LABRIE - Elements of persuasion
7. MASTERPLAN - Aeronautics
8. ALLEN/LANDE PROJECT - The battle
9. ANUBIS GATE - A perfect forever
10. I have to think about this one....;-)

edgeofthorns said:
Rob Rock - Holy Hell (If you don't like this, then you don't like metal)

Aw shit man, I don't like that album. And here I was thinking I was a Metal fan.:erk:

Now I have to seriously re-evaluate the CD's and tapes in my collection that I now know are just masquerading as Metal CD's. Damn it all...

You really know how to ruin a day.