The CURRENTLY LISTENING TO thread

Jasonic

Doom On!
Apr 14, 2004
West Burbs of Chicago
Well, we all know that many of us frequent this board a lot during the day.
I would assume that many of us are jamming tunes while doing so.

Stole this idea from another thread, but it usually helps generate some good discussions, so let's try!!!

Here is what I am currently listening to:
g59222g9eqg.jpg

Flotsam & Jetsam - The Cold !! Damn good disc I might add. The title track is one of my favorite's of the year, and Better Off Dead is a flat out powerful track. The entire disc is strong .. great singing as well. I think this will make my top 10 this year.

Britt

First two posts are classics. I personally like Very 'Eavy a little bit more, but there's certainly nothing wrong about Look at Yourself. The new Flotsam is fucking great. I have not heard that Viper.
That said I think these threads usually serve little or no purpose. But anyway, the last thing I listened to today was Stratovarius - Polaris.

That said I think these threads usually serve little or no purpose. But anyway

It gives us a chance to pimp something without looking like shameless hype peddlers ;)

Britt

P.S. Now listening to The Shadow Theory - Behind The Black Veil ... top notch stuff from the twisted mind of Devon Graves. This one is right up my alley .. a proggy King Diamond styled horror story.

I have not heard that Viper.
That said I think these threads usually serve little or no purpose. But anyway, the last thing I listened to today was Stratovarius - Polaris.

Viper was a heavy metal band that was formed in 1985 in Brazil. Their vocalist joined the band when he was 15 if I'm not wrong. They recorded amazing albums (Soldiers of Sunrise and Theater of Fate). Their singer went on to become of the greatest singers of all time in heavy metal, by forming a band named ANGRA. His name is Andre Matos.

Last edited by a moderator:
All music all the time!

While at home I am spinning the latest releases by:
Melechesh
Firewind
Spiritual Beggars
Angra
Vanden Plas
While Heaven Wept

At work...I am hooked up to the iPod and the last 10 slices were from the following releases:
Anathema - A Natural Disaster
Open Canvas - Indumani (Middle Eastern inspired atmospheric, space electronica)
Almah - Almah
Hypocrisy - The Final Chapter
Fairyland - Score to a New Beginning
The Lord of the Rings Soundtrack
Axe - Offering
Yes - Fragile
Sweet - Desolation Boulevard
Children of Bodom - Something Wild

Life without music would be one not worth living. Thank you one and all for your amazing talents and vision! :worship:

2j15xfb.jpg

11b25xx.jpg

I listen to their Alien Selection mixes all the time. I hate Linkin Park but they made an awesome remix/mashup of one of the newer singles with Carl Orff's Carmina Burana

sngi7l.jpg

I've been neglecting Star One. Listened to it during a long car trip but I really haven't been in the mood for metal lately.
Also would be listening to Apocalyptica had the tour not been postponed until March.