The CURRENTLY LISTENING TO thread

For Simon and Jason....

Thanks for posting this band I have never heard of before! This is a simple reminder why I love metal so much...plus it brings me back to the beginning of my affinity of the genre...therefore I always refer to this style as Time Machine Metal. Killer vocals (check)...smokin' guitar solos (check)...fun lyrics (check). One more to add to the list. :headbang:

Last edited by a moderator:
you will not be disappointed. They have 2 full lengths out. The first one is good but the 2nd one is killer. I agree. This is totally fun and am pissed I wasnt able to see them live back in the early summer when they did a small tour. Thier show was cancelled then moved the day before with no official word of where it was going to be. Found out later it was actually closer to me. I love the vocals. I know a few people are turned off by them buy they remind me of Abattoir or some Savage Grace.

I was very shocked by this. I have their very first disc with Newstead which I still love, but I heard a while ago that they really weren't that great after that.

HUH???????
Arggghhh .... duuuuude, the first 5 albums are amazing. "Cuatro" might be one of the very best sounding metal albums ever - the production alone makes this an album you NEED in your collection. And the songwriting is just phenomenal on both "When The Storm Comes Down" and "Cuatro".

After this album, I may now go back and take a listen to some of their other discs.

No, you may now RUN back ... :)

If I'm not mistaken, one of the guys from Skelator used to post on this board a few years back. Cool band.

So far today:
AFI - Very Proud of Ya
Misfits - Static Age
Autopsy - Mental Funeral

In heavy rotation...

Agalloch - Marrow of the Spirit
Atlantean Codex - The Golden Bough
Inquisition - Ominous Doctrines of the Perpetual Mystical Macrocosm
Joe Satriani - Black Swans and Wormhole Wizards
Seven Kingdoms - S/T

Inquisition - Ominous Doctrines of the Perpetual Mystical Macrocosm

I love metal.

ID_3_by_Zelda_cheese.jpg

Is that what you recommend checking out first? I'm curious now.

I started with "Into the Infernal Regions of the Ancient Cult" and was hooked. The new one is really, really good but I've only had it for a week or two, so who knows if it'll stand the test of time. There are some moments on the new disc that remind me of Immortal, so you might wanna check it out. To be honest, I think that all of their albums are great.

It's black metal but very...trance like. Unique vocals and killer drumming.

I started with "Into the Infernal Regions of the Ancient Cult" and was hooked. The new one is really, really good but I've only had it for a week or two, so who knows if it'll stand the test of time. There are some moments on the new disc that remind me of Immortal, so you might wanna check it out. To be honest, I think that all of their albums are great.

It's black metal but very...trance like. Unique vocals and killer drumming.

Cool. Will check them out today.

Speaking of Immortal, you coming up for that or what?