The CURRENTLY LISTENING TO thread

Top 5 Heavy Rotations for me at the moment:

creationsendcd.jpg

coverdq4.jpg

Avantasia_TheScarecrow.jpg

402.jpg

cover_144513582010.jpg

They're listed as Power/Folk on metal-archives. I just checked out a couple of their tunes...pretty interesting stuff they've got going on.

They're listed as Power/Folk on metal-archives. I just checked out a couple of their tunes...pretty interesting stuff they've got going on.

It's a pretty unique progressive/power metal blend with traditional/folk music from the Andes. Real quality stuff.

And now:

0001031096_350.jpg

There is just something about this band I just can't stand.

I saw them live once and it simply bored me to tears. Sorry.

Question though on the RAINBOW. I never had that album.
Is it from one show, or just random live tracks from various gigs?

+1, I saw them a few times throughout the years. Last time opening for Yngwie I think. Bored to death. Just not my cup of tea.

There is just something about this band I just can't stand.

I saw them live once and it simply bored me to tears. Sorry.

As I said in a past post, the problem they have is they put themselves on tours they don't belong. They aren't metal but are a really damn good hard rock trio. I can see how you may not like them though, considering where you probably were introduced to their music.

been listening to the new Axevyper. really good disc. it features ex members of the Italian traditional metal band Assedium. I didnt expect much from this when I first got it. I heard some of the demos and the vocals were not that good. Being a fan of Assedium I picked up the disc and it was 100 times better than Assedium. My Graveyard Productions put this out. I have listened to this a lot in the past few weeks and today when I finally filed it away.

Last edited by a moderator:
As I said in a past post, the problem they have is they put themselves on tours they don't belong. They aren't metal but are a really damn good hard rock trio. I can see how you may not like them though, considering where you probably were introduced to their music.

This. King's X desperately need to stop opening for really metal acts (ie Accept this past year). They're so stylistically different. I think it's hilarious that King's X fans think they're one of the most incredible bands to see live, and people who don't like them think they're a terrible live band. :lol: