The CURRENTLY LISTENING TO thread

Redemption's cover of Funeral for a Friend/Love Lies Bleeding

Takes balls for a Metal band to cover Elton John... especially songs which showcase Davey Johnstone so much. Of course, Redemption is PROG metal... and Goodbye Yellow Brick Road could be considered progressive rock...

Anyway, not sure if I keep listening to it because I love the two pieces so much, or because I love their version.

Redemption's cover of Funeral for a Friend/Love Lies Bleeding

Takes balls for a Metal band to cover Elton John... especially songs which showcase Davey Johnstone so much. Of course, Redemption is PROG metal... and Goodbye Yellow Brick Road could be considered progressive rock...

Anyway, not sure if I keep listening to it because I love the two pieces so much, or because I love their version.

Even ballsier to cover a song that Dream Theater covered extremely well already.

Just finished listening to...

Ivory Tower - Subjective Enemy:

51aXdBJUOlL._SS400_.jpg

Now listening to...

Katra - Beast Within:

600x600.jpg

Even ballsier to cover a song that Dream Theater covered extremely well already.

I'm digging all of their cover tracks - they even make Toto sound kinda cool.

I have enjoyed my 3 prior ProgPowers immensely - I am beginning to wonder if this year's might literally tear my soul apart from the awesomeness of it all.

Sinbreed - Kingcrow - Amaranthe... I enjoy those 3 bands so much, I really worry about how much energy I'll have for the rest of the weekend! I better start taking vitamins and sleeping extra hard NOW.