The Devin Townsend Thread

*reminisces back to the day of that DTB concert*

There was this total douchebag standing next to me, completely decked out in Devy merch, I was just waiting for him to block my view so I'd have a reason to say "oh yeah, this guy just went from very cool to very SUCK".. but he never did.

and then he turned around after the set and said "hey!... chromatose?"

and this guy grew up to be....

Dick Sirloin.

That was a magical night indeed.
The first thing I noticed was ct's toboggan. I said "I've seen that before somewhere..." :lol:
I remember being surprised at how low-key Cara was, I was expecting flesh-eating mania.
And then you guys didn't stay for Symphonx X, haha (I don't blame you).

Dev said:
What do you think about Accelerated Evolution? I've never made my mind about that one , even at the peak of my fanboy period. I think it's solid but it lacks something to be pretty awesome.

Same here, there are some great songs, but it comes across as one-dimensional, especially when compared to something as massively detailed as Terria...

SYL - Love? Great crunching tune. I've not heard the catalog of solo nor SYL; but what I have heard is pretty good. Dude can sing varying styles.

JayKeeley said:
Has anyone heard Synchestra yet?

It's like Steve Vai's "Passion and Warfare part II".

That is all.

Heard the majority of it today...like Terria, this is going to be an album to absorb yourself in, same type of panoramic sound...Gaia and Triumph are incredible, the whole thing flows naturally despite the unorthodox songwriting at work, and some of the other tracks like Pixelate have to be among his most progressive material yet, so much going on...

i'm not sure about Synchestra yet. of course the brilliance of terria took a while. i like some songs, but others are....um,out there. i'd still rate it better than infinity and accelerated evolution.
but this doesn't touch terria or ocean machine...at least yet

I agree wholeheartedly, after one listen.

I can't believe I agree wholeheartedly with J.

Erik said:
My opinion is that he should get a fucking haircut.
i love when people bump old threads with topics i don't give a flying shit about but that i have posted in anyway, to see what clevernesses, insults or hilarities i might have come up with