The "No B.S." Interview

Totally baffled at that statement.
Really? Why? Checked out four of their MP3s on their MySpace page, and they sounded like overly melodic, L.A. Metal. How would you describe them?

Anyhow...I cannot remember if you like the Eagles or not, but if so, then check out "D-Frosted."
Respect, but don't like. I'll check out the song none the less.

They sound like every generic L.A. Metal band that started releasing discs just as Metal tanked in the late 80s. However, I wouldn't mind seeing bands like Fatal Smile or Hardcore Superstar at ProgPower.

I actually would have to agree with Zod here. I have no interest in them, but I wouldn't mind them necessarily being on the bill as I'm sure they will bring people in.

All I gotta say is Gotthard sounded fantastic on their Live In Switzerland DVD. I think they are a little more on the melodic rock/AOR side of things compared to PC69, so I'm not sure how well they'd go over with this crowd either. I for one would love to see them.

Totally baffled at that statement.

Ummm. ok...

Just for chuckles and grins I Googled the Gotthard reviews, to see if my perspective of what I heard was somehow way off base. The few reviews I found on the band's discs describe them in terms similar to those I used. So I'm kind of curious what those who disagree with my description hear.

I'm baffled that anyone could have been less than impressed by PC69's ProgPower performance. I thought they totally woke the place up, and seeing Therion immediately afterwards made me appreciate this festival's uniqueness.

And I'm a HUGE Gotthard fan and would wet myself at the chance to see them live, but they really don't have any business at a metal fest. I'd say they are more Firefest material, but that seems like a step down for such a successful band.

Really? Why? Checked out four of their MP3s on their MySpace page, and they sounded like overly melodic, L.A. Metal. How would you describe them?

Respect, but don't like. I'll check out the song none the less.

Please never cast judgement on any band after listening to 4 tracks off a myspace site...

To me Gotthard is nothing like what you describe. More like a mix of Krokus and Mustasch. Great bad IMO.

Please never cast judgement on any band after listening to 4 tracks off a myspace site...
How many songs must one hear before commenting on a band's genre? And does it have any relation to the number of licks required to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop?

As noted in a previous post, folks who have reviewed their CDs have described them in a similar vein. I'm assuming those folks have listened to the entire CD. A quick check of the fan reviews of their last disc on Amazon sees two bands being referenced again and again; Bon Jovi and Def Leppard. Both 80s Metal bands.

Nothing wrong with a band being like Def Leppard or Bon Jovi Zod. Different strokes for different folks right? If Gotthard reminds you of Def Leppard and Bon Jovi I know of alot of people that would say thats a great thing. If thats not your thing then if or when Gotthard ever hit Progpower I'm sure there will be plaenty to do around town until their set is done.

I'm baffled that anyone could have been less than impressed by PC69's ProgPower performance. I thought they totally woke the place up, and seeing Therion immediately afterwards made me appreciate this festival's uniqueness.

Why would be baffled about it? Didn't you notice how much the place emptied out during PC69? Doesn't that say something?

You may have liked it, okay. But a *lot* of people left during PC69, including me. I gave them a chance. Stayed for a few songs, but I'm sorry dude. To me, it was boring. And apparently, a lot of people thought the same.

I'd be baffled if somebody said that Sabaton's set last year, Edguy's set during PP3 or Brainstorm's set during PP5 lacked energy. That's a valid reason to feel "baffled, I think."

Bon Jovi really is the best reference point for Gotthard.
That may be.

Nothing wrong with a band being like Def Leppard or Bon Jovi Zod.
I never said there was. I like both bands.

If Gotthard reminds you of Def Leppard and Bon Jovi I know of alot of people that would say thats a great thing. If thats not your thing then if or when Gotthard ever hit Progpower I'm sure there will be plaenty to do around town until their set is done.
I'm guessing you didn't follow the whole thread. I never said they sounded like Bon Jovi or Def Leppard. I simply said they sounded like generic 80s Metal. I was then told that assessment was absurd. At which time I pointed out that most of their fans claim they sound like Lep and Bon Jovi.

geez Zod (or should I say "GOD"?) Sorry to have an opinion that differs from your own. I'll refrain from responding from all of your posts then and just sit back and laugh at them instead. Deal?

geez Zod (or should I say "GOD"?) Sorry to have an opinion that differs from your own.
Did I miss something? You and I are actually in agreement.

Nothing wrong with a band being like Def Leppard or Bon Jovi Zod.
Again, I agreed with this statement. My additional response was only meant to point out that I wasn't the one drawing comparisons to Def Leppard and Bon Jovi. I was only referencing what others on Amazon.com said.

When I said...

I'm guessing you didn't follow the whole thread.
I wasn't trying to be insulting. I was only suggesting that perhaps you missed my earlier posts, because you seemed to be attributing the Def Leppard/Bon Jovi comparison to me. Again, my intent was to clarify, not to insult. Not everyone takes the time to read through an entire thread when they jump into the discussion.

I'll refrain from responding from all of your posts then and just sit back and laugh at them instead. Deal?
That's up you. However, I have no idea what I said that's offended you so. I would ask you to go back and reread the preceding posts, and see if it isn't possible you simply mistook my intent.

There are some crazy hardcore Gotthard fans on here evidently. Some people just need to cool it a little I think. Zod nor I, when I agreed with him, said they were awful... just that they didn't appeal to us. There's a big difference.

Wow. People sure get riled up about rather mild critical perceptions.

If somebody makes an assessment that you don't like, feel free verbalize your disagreements, but don't act surprised when they...you know. defend themselves.

Didn't you notice how much the place emptied out during PC69? Doesn't that say something?

You may have liked it, okay. But a *lot* of people left during PC69, including me.

The place emptied out during Rage's set at PPIV as well, but I don't remember people blaming Rage for it and they put on a spectacular show. I would bet that most people who bailed on PC69's set had never heard them, never even gave them a chance and left because of the genre. I know I made the same mistake during Freak Kitchen, much to my everlasting regret. At least FK came back and I was able to catch them the next year.

PC69 rocked. It was awesome to see them play live and to meet them. Gotthard will be even better! (thinking positive!)