The Worst Concert You've Ever Seen

Acujer

Apr 14, 2008
We are talking the bigger bands here. Not a small local act, which I'm sure, we've all seen lots of bad ones. I mean bands you actually bought tickets for on Ticketmaster. What is the worst act you've seen?

The worst band I ever saw was Bjork's old band, many of you probably never heard of, called The Sugarcubes at The Hollywood Paladium back in 1989. I will never forget it. The Primitives opened up which were actually quite good and Tracy Tracy the singer, was a complete knock out!

Anyway, so Bjork walks off stage half way through the concert, and the other singer, this weirdo named Enor sang the songs. He cussed out the audience, and people were giving him the middle finger and telling him to fuck off. They then went into punk songs and just kind fo thrashed their way throughout he rest of the night. Great slam pit and I had lots of fun., but musically, it was a pile of shit!

Such the contrast to when I saw Bjork live a few years ago, which was exceptional!

Worst show was an opening band for Megadeth on the Peace Sells tour, called Necros (or Necris?). A punk band. Horrible horrible horrible. that's about the worst I can list for a "big" show.

Actually scratch that. Type O Negative in Salt Lake on the tour with Celtic Frost. Hands down the worst sounding, worst performed worst waste of my time. I walked out 1/2 way through the second song they were so bad.

When I was still in the Philippines in 1996, I was invited by an uncle to watch a Michael Jackson concert. I wouldn't consider it the worst, but given the ticket price, it was a disappointment. All Jacko did was lip-sync while dancing. Hell, because of the lackluster performance, I don't even remember the songs he "sang."

At least the DragonForce concert I saw on July was live.

Really? Michael Jackson lip syncs? I am surprised ot hear that. I guess he really is a Smooth Criminal.

Ja ja ja jamon whoooo!

Worst show was an opening band for Megadeth on the Peace Sells tour, called Necros (or Necris?). A punk band. Horrible horrible horrible. that's about the worst I can list for a "big" show.

Dude was that at the Stone with Overkill supporting? I went to both nights. Yes The Necros(that's how it's spelled) were FUCKING HORRIBLE!!! I made it a point to show up late the next night.

My worst band expereince was being tortured by the Melvins. This was back in '89 at the old Ruthie's Inn in Berkeley. They were supporting the punk band Attitude. They had a chick bassist at the time who I heard was Shirley Temple's daughter. They were so excruciatingly painfully sssssssssssssssslllllllllllllllllloooooooooooooowwwwwwwwww..................

each song felt like 20 minutes. I got a throbbing headache & became nauseous.I'm not exaggerating either! They're the only band ever to almost make me literally puke!:puke:There were no "ins and outs" allowed at the club so there was no way to escape!

From then on I'd avoid seeing the Melvins when ever possible but I caught 'em again a few years later and they completely improved and were quite good. I also found out their drummer was a big fan of my TV show!

Another band I can't stand is Fu Manchu GAWD! They are so boooring!!!

Hmmm

Metallica at Reading festival 1997
Diamond head at Milton Keynes 1993 (supporting Metallica along with the Almighty and Megadeth)
Radiohead , Middlesbrough town hall sometime around 1994 or 1995
LA Guns and Love hate supporting Skid Row at Birmingham NEC 1992
Danger Danger supporting Kiss At Whitley Bay Ice rink in 1992
The Boo Radleys in 1993, Middlesbrough town hall, so poor I stayed in the bar downstairs, well it was my birthday.

Ha Kingdom Come. I remember them. My friend in Middle School wore that shirt everyday.

In 1996 saw Jonette N ( Concrete Blonde) on a tour with a different band. She must have been doing drugs during that time because she was horribly boring and depressing. Fast forward to early 2000, saw her with Concrete Blonde and it was AWESOME!!. She was healthy and all there. Night and day improvement.

Dude was that at the Stone with Overkill supporting? I went to both nights. Yes The Necros(that's how it's spelled) were FUCKING HORRIBLE!!! I made it a point to show up late the next night.

Hehe. Nope. Salt Lake City at the Fair Grounds. Overkill was good tho. And then of course Megadeth pounded out an ass kicking show.