Theocracy Album ITunes Issue

^ Yup, good stuff. I would like the 160 version but I've had this thing for like 4 years now and only have about 80 gigs filled so I can't justify it. Plus, I don't have any music on my computer so if I ever replaced this one, I'd have to start all over again.

That's a horrible thought. You're solely relying on flash memory?

Please back it up, at least on mediafire :(

The ipod classics aren't flash. They are good ol' merican hard drives.

Either way, I've never had any issues with it and it wouldn't be a huge deal to re-download bands as I think of/remember them. And there's no way (that I know of) to copy the content on my ipod to another drive so it's not like I can do anything about it. That's the only thing I dislike about it.

At least make a notepad list of the bands.

Anyway, does anyone here use Zune HD? I need some opinions on the product.

*Ahem*
@FleshAndBloodTheocracy

solid state = flash

traditional hard drives (HDD) = magnetic storage

now you are wise. ;)

*Ahem*
@FleshAndBloodTheocracy

solid state = flash

traditional hard drives (HDD) = magnetic storage

now you are wise. ;)

This.

Also, I don't get the hate against Zunes. A friend of mine had one and it seemed exactly like an ipod except with better visuals (in comparison to the classics).

This.

Also, I don't get the hate against Zunes. A friend of mine had one and it seemed exactly like an ipod except with better visuals (in comparison to the classics).

Agreed. Our drummer and guitarist both have Zunes and I thought they were generally better than the iPods. More durable, and like you said, better visuals.

When I was looking for an mp3 player, I actually looked at Zunes first. Had they created a 160GB version at a compariable price, I would have bought a Zune instead.

The ipod classics aren't flash. They are good ol' merican hard drives.

Either way, I've never had any issues with it and it wouldn't be a huge deal to re-download bands as I think of/remember them. And there's no way (that I know of) to copy the content on my ipod to another drive so it's not like I can do anything about it. That's the only thing I dislike about it.

My girlfriend's sister actually did this. You can do it, but it requires some time and probably voiding any and all warranties. I'm pretty sure it involved the use of some third party software.

But anyway, you can do it.

Ye, I figured I'd have to use third-party software. Ain't no warranty on mine anyway.

Just out of curiosity...and seeing as this thread was derailed a while ago...could you two post a screenshot of your 'Music' folder?
I found it an interesting notion.

Here is my music folder. As you can see there is an iTunes folder where all my ripped CDs reside. The other stuff you are seeing is either downloaded from Amazon, or audio I ripped from my vinyl records and live DVDs.
music_folder.png

Here is a screenshot of my actual iTunes folder:

music_folder_2.png

Why?
I wanted to see what you guys had, maybe I could make a few new discoveries. There's tons of bands that've been around for ages and I never bothered to give them a chance.

also how do you 'rip' vinyl?

I can literally type it out faster than I could figure out a way to screen cap every artist on my ipod. Here we go:

A Plea for Purging
A.W.A.S
Abolishment of Hate
Abysmal Dawn
The Agony Scene
Aletheian
Allegaeon
Antestor
Anullaby
Arnion
As I Lay Dying
The Ascendicate
Ashen Mortality
Ashpyx
Augury
August Burns Red
Aurora Black
Avantasia
Bad Religion
BarlowGirl
Becoming The Archetype
Between The Buried and Me
Beyond Creation
Black Sabbath
Blood Covenant
Blood Drift
Blotted Science
Brian Welch
Britt Nicole
Broken Flesh
Building 429
The Burial
Cannibal Corpse
Carnage
Casting Crowns
Cattle Decapitation
Cephalic Carnage
Christian Muenzer
Circle of Dust
Common Yet Forbidden
Control Denied
Crimson Moonlight
Crimson Thorn
The Crucified
Cynic
Dalit
Danger Mouse
David Crowder Band
Dawn of Dementia
Deafheaven
Death
Decrepit Birth
Deeds of Flesh
Defeated Sanity
Demon Hunter
Demons & Wizards
Derelict
Desperation Band
Dethklok
Devin Townsend Project
Devourment
Disciple
Divine Symphony
Dragonforce
Dream Theater
Drottnar
Dying Fetus
Dynasty
Ecthirion
Edguy
Eluveitie
Elvenking
Embodyment
The Empty Tomb
Ephel Duath
Eso Charis
Evroklidon
Extol
The Faceless
Fallujah
Fearscape
Feast Eternal
Five Iron Frenzy
Fleshgod Apocalypse
Flying Colors
Foo Fighters
Frost Like Ashes
God is an Astronaut
Godspeed You Black Emperor
Hands
Haste the Day
Hate Eternal
Helloween
Hilastherion
A Hill to Die Upon
Holy Blood
Hope for the Dying
Horde
Horsemen of the Apocalypse
Hour of Penance
Immortal Souls
Inanimate Existence
Indwelling
Inversion
Irreconcilable Suffering
Jamiroquai
Jeff Schmidt
Jeremy Riddle
Jimmy Eat World
John Waller
Jonathan Coulton
Katatonia
Kristene Mueller
Kutless
La Dispute
Lengsel
Lit
Living Sacrifice
Love and Death
Menahem
MewithoutYou
Michael Manring
Monotheist
Municipal Waste
Muse
Ne Obliviscaris
Neal Morse
November's Doom
Obscura
The Offspring
Oh, Sleeper
Once Dead
Opus Majestic
Oratorio
Origin
Oskord
Parakletos
Paramaecium
Pathology
Primal Fear
Project 86
Protest The Hero
Radiohead
Real Friends
Red
Relient K
Renascent
Revocation
Sacred Warrior
Sarah Jaffe
Scandinavian Metal Praise
Selfmindead
Silversun Pickups
Sinbreed
Six Feet Deep
Skillet
Skymetal
Slechtvalk
The Smashing Pumpkins
Sonata Arctica
Soul Embraced
Soulspell
Spawn of Possession
Spirit's Breeze
Suffocation
Swallow The Sun
Switchfoot
Symphony X
System of a Down
TesseracT
Theocracy
Thousand Foot Krutch
Training For Utopia
Ulcerate
Underoath
Vardoger
LOTR Soundtrack
Walking With Kings
Weezer
Winter Solstice
Wintersun
Your Memorial
Zao
7 Horns 7 Eyes

As you can see, there's a lot of stuff on there that's just from when I went through the whole "I'm only gonna listen to Christian music" phase. There's also several bands that are on there just so I can listen to them more and decide if I like 'em or not.

As well, a lot of totally meh/boring unheard of "Christian" metal in there. Some gems that I can point out though.

I really really really like some of the stuff there, Christian or secular... and I'm especially glad you have Demons & Wizards but not Iced Earth or Blind Guardian (not because I think you should not have them, which I don't), since D&W are one of my key favourites and I keep coming back to their 2nd album with every reading of a book from The Dark Tower series...I just love reliving the songs about it. Also Dorian made my re-reading of Dorian Gray twice as enjoyable.

I see I can rely on both you guys when it comes to new discoveries, but due to the hectic life I'm leading (read: work centered) I don't have much time for that...for now. Thanks again both.

Sorry, everyone, for the offtopic, but at least we're keeping the thread updated until the iTunes issue is resolved.