There should be a Prog Power Texas

And of course Stride.

There are a lotta Houstonians that come to the fest here. I'm very much a fan of this idea. Then again, ProgPower got off the ground because there was a guy with the know-how and dedication to start it off, whereas in Texas...dunno. Not me anyway.

I am all for that, in fact i would love to organize it, OUTWORLD, STRIDE, MEYVN, FAIR TO MIDLAND, EDENS TWILIGHT and scores of other metal bands from around the state. It would be a pretty awesome show.

Well one of you Texan yahoos should start workin on this idea! Like, serious work, and set a date far ahead into next year, where all the bands would easily be available.

Hell... even if it was only on the scale of the Chicago Powerfest, or even just treated like a regular gig but with shitloads of promotion and work behind it, you guys could whip up a helluva party. Is there a centrally-balanced city with a worthy venue? I know that Tejas is freakin huge, so where are most/all of the progpower-worthy bands hailing from?

Bryan316 said:
Well one of you Texan yahoos should start workin on this idea! Like, serious work, and set a date far ahead into next year, where all the bands would easily be available.

Hell... even if it was only on the scale of the Chicago Powerfest, or even just treated like a regular gig but with shitloads of promotion and work behind it, you guys could whip up a helluva party. Is there a centrally-balanced city with a worthy venue? I know that Tejas is freakin huge, so where are most/all of the progpower-worthy bands hailing from?

Houston!! FBI's or the Meridian would be perfect for this!! Hell I just might start working on this one ;).

Yeah, FBI's in Houston is the place where Stride and Outworld generally play their gigs. It's a great venue, as is the Meridian...although, I've heard Meridian's house sound guy is total crap. Perhaps we could bring in a sound guy. I personally know a few good ones.

I seriously need to get my band to record our album already. I don't want to get left out! lol

sh0kr0k said:
Hellooooo... *waves hands wildly in the air*
*jumps up and down* Oooh OOOHH!!
Hey Girl what's up???? You up for this idea??? I think you and I with a little help from Drew of Meyvn and Bobby from Outworld I think we could pull this off. Maybe get some pointers from Glenn.:headbang: :headbang:

Pyramaze51 said:
Hey Girl what's up???? You up for this idea??? I think you and I with a little help from Drew of Meyvn and Bobby from Outworld I think we could pull this off. Maybe get some pointers from Glenn.:headbang: :headbang:

Of course I'm up for it! I had a blast working on MADFEST 2006, and will certainly be doing that again in 2007, but I'd also love to work on something here in TX! Let's call it the Texas Shred Fest! :cool:

p.s. Sorry I had to ignore your call John.. the office line rang at the exact same second! LOL!

Meyvn_Drew said:
Wow, awesome idea!! FBI in Houston would be a great place to have it. Let me know if I can help!
When would be a good time to call you Drew and start working on this or call me. hell everyone call me.:kickass:

How big is FBI's? What's their patron capacity? Would this work as a one night/day festival, or should it be done over two nights? You gotta consider, you'll want each band to have more than the usual bar-night 30-minute set. How many bands would be reasonable?