Thoughts on Pagan Fest, Dimmu Borgir and Gigantour

something like that, yeah, but it'd be nice if you could actually read the label :lol: probably some fan with the feeling that "beer is beer" bought it and passed it to the bassist (who in turn passed it to the singer).

To bad that is the only picture that I have of him holding up that Corona. Well, you could pretty much tell it is a Corona, though.

the kid who got his ass kicked was right up front/centerish, near where i was. in your pic, there's a head of longish dark hair at the bottom of the left of the picture, i think that's a friend of mine who i was about 3 people to the left of. he first came up a couple people to my right, and then behind me, even grabbing the cargo pocket on my pants leg to try to pull forward. he was bent over really far though, which may be part of why you couldn't see him.

I guess I just missed it. I guess that will teach him from trying to shove his way up to the front during a metal concert! But than again, some of those numbnuts don't usually learn to well.

Just tonight, got back from seeing Circa at Jaxx. There was hardly anybody there. Definitely a different scenario than at Paganfest! They did kick ass, though, especially if you like old school 70's era progressive rock ala Yes (I grew up on the stuff!). The first band, Kinetic Element, had an Emerson, Lake, and Palmer type of vibe going. They were also pretty darn good - impressed me enough to go buy their album, and of course, Odin's Court still cranking out their brand of prog metal, and still kicking some ass as well!

Tommorrow (well, I guess today now) evening, will be there again for Symphony X! Thank God I have nothing going on for Sunday - major crashout and recovery!

Alright thanks

anyone rememver Eluveitie's setlist?

i think they change it every night....im just making sure

I know they opened with "Inis Mona." I asked Rafi, their bass player, for their set list. I'll post it here when he tells me.

I thought Eluveitie owned Pagan Fest USA in Mokena, Illinois. Extremely high energy. Running all over the stage. Twin brothers Rafi and Sevan are amazing performers.

TYR was a snoozefest. Turisas was a hoot and a half. But it was Eluveitie that we enjoyed the most.

Set list to come.

Bill

Alright thanks

anyone rememver Eluveitie's setlist?

i think they change it every night....im just making sure

Okay...

Here's Eluveitie's setlist for their show in Mokena, straight from Rafi Kirder, their bass player:

inis mona
grey sublime archon
of fire wind and wisdom
bloodstained ground
the somber lay
your gaulish war
tegernako

Anyone not familiar with Eluveitie should check them out. Great band. I'll post photos and clips from their set at The Pearl Room on Metal Wyrd in a few days.

Bill

Okay...

Here's Eluveitie's setlist for their show in Mokena, straight from Rafi Kirder, their bass player:

inis mona
grey sublime archon
of fire wind and wisdom
bloodstained ground
the somber lay
your gaulish war
tegernako

Anyone not familiar with Eluveitie should check them out. Great band. I'll post photos and clips from their set at The Pearl Room on Metal Wyrd in a few days.

Bill

Thank you! I have been looking for their setlist for days haha

:):):)

do you see the pic on your avatar? see how Stewie is looking at Brian? Thats the look I'm giving you now! :lol:

I've tried! I don't know what it is about it that I can't get into.

BTW. Anyone buying girly shirts at Pagan Fest... They run HUGE. Or at least the Turisas one did. I got a large because I'm used to girlies running extremely small.. this thing has like 8 inches extra width on it that I'm used to. I think the shirt is wider than it is long.

Ensiferum has totally blown me away. Victory Songs is one of the BEST releases in last couple of years. I am actually thinking about going to Raleigh or Allentown I enjoye this show so so much!

So i've heard from a few Tyr fans that have made it to paganfests that Tyr has performed awesome, they just aren't the visual band that Eluveitie and Turisas are. So i think that's where a lot of the negativity is coming from... just that they're a mid-paced band and not much energy onstage. According to friends though, they slay live, so i feel much better.

Still don't feel happy that they only have a 4 or 5 song setlist :(

Yep, as I said quite a few times in these threads now, they were sloppy and downright sucked...had nothing to do with their stage presence.

Just got back from Seattle and you couldn't be more wrong. They were incredible. Sorry you didn't enjoy it, but (as a huge fan) I had an amazing time, loved singing along and wish they had another hour and a half to bust out every track from their cataloge :lol:

by the way, just wanted to add this isn't blind fanboy ranting. I was prepared to be more critical because of the negativity i've heard and i was just blown away. I can understand people's comments, but I completely disagree. One of my favorite bands of the night by far.

I'm getting pretty tired of going back and forth about this and defending my opinion, so I doubt I will after this. Not once have I said the band's music was bad - in fact I said I planned on listening to it because of all the good things I heard about them from a lot of people who have tastes that normally align with my own. The fact is, the performance I saw sucked. Whether it was an off night or not is beyond me, but I really wanted to enjoy them and couldn't, and simply had to leave the room. Glad to hear they were better at your show and you enjoyed them, and perhaps I will too in a few weeks when I see it again.

Yep, as I said quite a few times in these threads now, they were sloppy and downright sucked...had nothing to do with their stage presence.

I didn't think they were sloppy when they played at Jaxx. Their sound was good, all the vocals were clear and they looked like they were really into what they were playing. the problem was(to me) that their songs were just not as energetic as the bands that played before and after them, so it made them look bland. Still, they weren't terrible like some people say, at least not @ Jaxx.