Ticket Count update (3/8- 12pm EST)

Excellent selling pace so far, which matches the excellent lineup!

Yep, balance of styles and name recognition certainly helped this lineup sell as well as it has. And I don't think it hurt that none of the bands at PP8 have played at PP more than once (until October). 7 bands on the non-showcase lineup have never played PP before, even though they were well or very-well known and well liked (e.g. Primal Fear, Sonata, After Forever, and Virgin Steel being the biggest. Communic and Firewind have solid followings and solid catalogs. Raintime is the only real unknown for most). Fresh PP blood!

I would be surprised if I haven't hit the 700 mark after sales today (3rd day). How fast it sells after that is anyone's guess. I don't think any festival dedicated to these two genres are going to sell as fast as in the previous years regardless of lineup. It is a different enviroment now as costs are higher for everyone and the big names are able to tour on their own in the U.S. That has a major impact on the casual fan as they are the ones that impact quick sell-outs.

True, but it isn't all about the big bands. As of this year, 8 of the 10 PP8 bands haven't toured the USA nationwide (by that I mean not one or two shows in the bands hometown or region). The only exceptions are Sonata Arctica and Primal Fear. To repeat this in the future will be your challenge, not so much trying to find the one or two big bands that haven't played the USA before).

Aw damnit.

No dinner for me. Please sell this out today, or wait till Wednesday to sell it out, so that I don't owe someone dinner. :(

I'm in debt up to my eyes, and I may have to blow my brains out if I am to add to this debt with a dinner.

The record pace is over. There are 125 tickets remaining. That is still *awesome.*

Thanks everyone.

Oh man, awesome indeed. Your hard work is totally paying off. Congrats, Glenn! :headbang: I still know of several people I've harassed who had to wait a few days to get money, but want to buy tickets. I imagine there are many more like them.

Well if Ticketmaster does get ANYTHING right you can bet it will be the convenience charges, handling charges, shipping charges, miscellaneous charges for keeping tabs on the other charges, etc......

:loco:

that is GREAT GLenn. How does that compare to this point last year?