Ticket Question

GuyWhoLikesProg

New Metal Member
Mar 1, 2005
I am going to be out of town (without access to a computer or a ticketmaster outlet) the day tickets go on sale, and will not get back until April 5th. For those of you who are ProgPower veterans (this will be my first time if I can attend), do you think there would still be tickets left if I waited until 3 days after they went on sale to buy them? If any of you normally don't encounter any problems buying tickets a few days after they become available, post back and let me know if I'm in the clear. The paranoia I'm undergoing right now is horrible. Thanks!

If I were you, I would have someone getting them online for you... It's the only guarantee you have that you'll be able to have it...

I'm no veteran, but I think you should have a friend order your ticket for you. Not only will it be a guarantee, but then you can call up the friend at 10:05AM and have peace of mind knowing your ticket's been bought, and then enjoy the rest of your out of town trip.

Yeah, It's looking like that is the best way to go right now. Plus, I'm the only one out of my group of friends who will be 18 in time for the show (giving me the power to check into a hotel room), so I can just go up to one of them who plans on going with me and pull the ol' "If I can't go, then you can't go, so buy my ticket, jerk!". Thanks for helping out!

I believe ProgPower III sold out the fastest, which if my memory is correct took about 1 week. I think last year, the first 700-800 sold quickly (1 week), but the last 100 kind of trickled out.

I think your solution is to bring the phone number for Ticketraper's, er Ticketmaster's Atlanta office and call as soon as you can once tix are on sale.

People will have tickets for sale via this board and eBay as well as the festival gets closer.

Originally posted by Force10
People will have tickets for sale via this board and eBay as well as the festival gets closer.

Is that legal to sell tickets on ebay like that? Not that I would exploit good ProgPower goers anyway, just wondering.

DementiaGuitar said:
Is that legal to sell tickets on ebay like that? Not that I would exploit good ProgPower goers anyway, just wondering.

Reselling tickets on eBay is legal but limited by the laws of the state where the event is. I have no idea about Georgia's laws, though I certainly have seen ProgPower tickets on sale there.

Damn, got another one of those "invalid thread specified" error pages when I tried to reply to this...

I think Georgia allows ticket reselling, except within 1,000 feet of the nearest edge of the venue.

I think your solution is to bring the phone number for Ticketraper's, er Ticketmaster's Atlanta office and call as soon as you can once tix are on sale.

Damn, I forgot all about that. Thanks man.

By the way, DementiaGuitar, I tried listening to the stuff on your myspace page but the songs wouldn't play.

Pretty cool stuff Dementia. :D If you care to take a listen to my band I have an two of our earlier stuff... not as progressive as our later work but still very heavy and I'm sure you'd like it.. Same goes to any of ya'.

I won't be able to go this year but last year, I was able to get my ticket from Glenn one month before the fest.

I will speak from experience. I would recommend you find someway to get them when they go onsale as the last 3 years have been pretty fast but not like the 3rd one if it went in one week.

I had no plans on going last year even with my beloved POS performing due to money constraints. it turned around for me and I checked on this board.

there will be posts of people selling and wanting to buy tickets so no need to put them onsale at ebay. Glenn told me he had a few and I got my ticket from him. He doesn't realize the birthday gift(although you don't usually buy your own birthday gift.o_O :loco: ) it was.

I will say that even though this lineup as a whole might not be everyone's favorites, there are alot of bands that have a lot of fans that might want to come just for them(Orphaned Land, symphorce, stratovarious, conception) so I wouldn't recommend waiting too long for tix. good luck!

PP V- sold out in 5 days
PP IV- sold out in 9 days
PP III- sold out in 6 days

Glenn H.

You, good sir, destroy confidence the same way you put on a great show. Damn well.

Just kidding, thanks for the info :headbang: